six

shayla

"justin, you've been acting awfully distant." i say, sitting on his lap. he shakes his head. "yes you are."

"shay, nothin-"

"you have that whine in your voice, what's bothering you?"

he sighs, then looks up at me. his eyes flicker between me and his phone. "justin, it's about me. what did i do?"

"you did nothing, it's just..." he sighs, moving me to straddle his lap, and look directly into his eyes. "are you ... do you like girls?"

i went silent. looking down at his shirt, i felt tears. honestly, i even think im overreacting by crying, but it's just hard to not. "if you are, i won't jud-"

"i'm not lesbian, justin." i say softly, moving from his lap, and standing up. wiping my eyes, i start to walk away.

"shayla, stop. where are you-"

before he could finish i had slammed the door shut, and continued walking in the rain. even though my hair is going to shrivel up into a bunch of curls in which i hate, i don't even care.

words from highschool ran through my mind.

you're such a dyke.

you act like a dude and stare at girls it's obvious you like pussy.

those were words from the petty assholes in my school. im not even lesbian. there's nothing wrong with being lesbian, it's just irritating how people assume your sexuality by how you look.

sighing in frustration, i start crying even harder. my phone was ringing and i was just a mess.

justin

"she asked me what was bothering me, i couldn't lie! she knows when im lying!" i say to nicole who was questioning me as to why i just asked her like that. ryan was calling her phone, me hesitating to call her asshole of a father.

"you're her best friend, where would she go?" nicole asks.

"going to the gym would be almost too obvi- her mom!"

ryan sighs, "she's not going to pick up. do you want us to come with you?"

shaking my head, "i need to do this alone."

--

what a moVe justin