seventy two

justin 

shayla kept looking at her ring then squinting at me. "how much did this cost?"

"about twenty-two thousand." i shrugs.

"the ones i picked for you didn't cost that much jesus christ justin!" she exclaimed.

"i want to spend money on you. when we're married, im going to spoil you even more than i do now." i smile, bringing her on my lap. she kisses me then laughs.

"don't. you already do enough and i can just imagine how much you spent on the actual wedding ring." she looks at me.

"a lot, but that doesn't matter." i kiss her jaw. "are you sure you want to go through with this without your dad?"

"i'd love to have him there, he's my only family left but it is what it is." she shrugs, intertwining our fingers. our wedding bands were next to each other when she did,  making her smile. "i love you so much."

"i love you so much more." i grin, kissing her neck. she just giggles while laying on my chest, caressing my cheek. "what color is the wedding theme?"

"can it be purple? like white and purple?" she sits up quickly, smiling. "or blue?"

i start laughing because she's so adorable. that small thing got her really excited. "purple it is."

"it's going to have to have black somewhere in it because you're wearing a black tux. you in white is a nightmare." she starts laughing, because i am very clumsy.

"wedding planning seems boring, i'll leave that to you, nicole, amara, and my mom." i grin, kissing her cheek. "my dad and i will be out doing 'manly things' before i get tied down to you."

"what's that supposed to mean?" i saw a quick emotion change which meant she was close to that time or that comment really sounded offensive.

"i don't know, my dad said it. im guessing he's just basing marriage off of him and my moms. but i don't think being 'tied down' to you is a bad thing. ive been with you this long i can last longer." she starts laughing.

"boys are stupid."

"i am a man." i pout, as she stands up and walks toward her closet.

"men suck too." she sticks her tongue out, then walks out of the bedroom for a shower.

as she was, i was hesitant to turn my phone back on. we agreed to keep our phones off until tomorrow but we agreed tonight considering something bad could happen and we wouldn't know.

when i turned it on, several texts from celebrities varying from the boys in five seconds of summer to nicki minaj texting my congratulations. i answers every single one of them, then i go to twitter. i was getting mentioned by people i didn't know but i still retweeted, then i saw the trending hashtag #jaylasengagmentparty.

when i opened the hashtag, pictures of me proposing to her and pictures of us being happy were everywhere. fans were saying how happy they were for us and since that made me happy i followed as many people as i could going through that tag.

"why the big smile?" shayla came in, in only a towel.

"that was a short shower."

"i'm going to get right back in." she winks, dropping her towel and walking toward me. i tossed my phone to the nightstand not really caring where it landed, shayla has all my attention right now.

+

shayla

"you two are the most sexist couple ever, im jealous." amara smirks. "imagine a naked photo shoot of just you two on the cover a magazine. like how that five sauce band did it for rolling stones."

"when we said let your imagination run wild we didn't mean that wild." pattie had walked into the room, me bursting into laughter. "so purple and white or purple and black? or all three?"

"black and purple would be dark and depressing. maybe you should do a light purple and white." nicole smiles, drinking her coffee.

"what's the setting of the wedding anyways?" amara asks. the three engage into deep conversation as i open my phone to see a text from justin.

he sent me a selfie of him and his dad playing basketball. he told me he'd send me pointless pictures of all activities his dad makes him do and i guess he wasn't kidding.

"pay attention lovebird." pattie takes my phone. the tablet on the table had a picture of several dresses.

sitting my head on my hands, i sigh. "this is boring. i'd rather us do something fun, or dress shop in an actual store instead of online."

"search for a dress shop." pattie looks at the two girls, and nicole grabs the tablet.

"i really need to go to the gym before though. ive put on weigh-"

"shut up, shay. you look perfectly fine." amara shushes me. "slim thick wit yo cute ass." she winks, quoting fetty wap.

that made me laugh and somehow made me feel a little better.

-----

my cousin died in a car accident today .. but he lives in ohio and i never see him so it didn't effect me as much as it is my mom. but don't get all sad here okay. everyone has their time and his was now, he's in a better place.

AND i want yall to know if i don't update it's because im failing classes ok