sixty nine

this hoe [the picture] lmao honestly some white people wanna be oppressed but don't want to go through what we go through its really irritating

BUT grades are due in like a week and a half and im failing math and reading right now so if i don't update its for that reason.

shayla

the next morning, while justin was in the shower, i facetimed amara. "what?" she pops up on the camera, looking a mess. "aren't you supposed to be having boyfriend girlfriend time."

"well, being rude isn't going to make you a bridesmaid." i roll my eyes, and she starts screaming. like to the point where ty had busted in the room with a metal bat. "what the fuck, mara?"

"what the fuck!" ty groans.

"where the fuck did you get a metal bat?" amara starts laughing hysterically. once he walked away, she turns to the camera, then smirks. "when's the wedding?"

"well i sort of proposed to him and he said yes-"

"oh my god that's so adorable! reverse roles, oh my god what a story to tell my godchildren." amara grins.

"and he told me no because he wanted to propose to me." i squint, throwing up a middle finger for her not letting me finish.

"so you're not married?"

"no, justin's being hardheaded." i roll my eyes. "but as soon as it happens i'll call you. now ive got to call nicole."

"see you when you get back." she blows a kiss, then hangs up. justin comes from the bathroom, sighing.

"i don't wanna go home." he whines, knowing we have to go leave tomorrow. "can we stay longer?"

"you know i love you, but i get homesick. and i need to see my dad. when your dumbass proposes i have to make sure me and him are on good terms." i look at him, and he just rolls his eyes and keeps walking over to his suitcase.

"fine, but i want to go look for rings today." he says. "but i don't know if i should send someone else to look for us or-"

"you realize when you propose you're going to have a ring on your finger so your fans are going to find out." i say, as he sits down. "i understand that you love them but you can't just go by what they have to say. if they actually love and support you, they wouldn't care."

he smiles, and nods. he then kisses my cheek before telling me to get in the shower and don't take long. "don't rush me." i say standing up.

++

justin

there was no paparazzi which was a surprise. we called up scooter to come help us since he's the only one who knows about our almost engagement, and the security stood by the doors. "when are you going to tell your mom?" scooter looks at justin.

"or when the hell are you actually going to propose? shay told me about you saying no to her because you wanted to propose."

"i wanted to be the one to propose, shut up." i whine, rolling my eyes. shay had completely blocked us out as she was looking at the rings.

"honey, these are engagement rings." the lady said, shay squinting.

"no shit, im capable of reading a sign." she rolls her eyes. when i step beside her, the lady covered her mouth. "you two are getting engaged?"

i nod, and she grabs my hand from over the counter. i just smile. "i pray you have an great marriage. your fans are a little on the crazy side, and believe me. my niece is one of them."

i laugh, "thank you."

scooter was talking to the lady as we searched through rings. shayla told me not to pick an expensive ring for her or me, for both the engagement or the actual wedding. it was about a half on hour later when we both handed the rings to scooter to hold.

"ive never seen a couple get married like this. you two are going to be a weird ass married couple and have weird ass kids." scooter rolls his eyes. when shay gets in the car, scooter stops me. "when are you proposing?"

"when we get home. i want to propose to her in public so i don't have to break the news to my fans and social media in such a sneaky way."

"or maybe just tweet 'me and shay are engaged' and go on about your life." scooter rolls his eyes. groaning, i get in the car, getting ready to pack up and leave.

----

i honestly don't care about the awards but someone said "your book should be nominated" and im like ok only if people want to. but seriously thank you for reading this book if you even enjoy it !! ❤️