seventy

shayla

justin dropped me off at the gym i used to train in with my dad. when i walked in, i memories came back so quick. "shay, over here." dad says, ushering me toward to the corner he was in helping a kid.

"hi." i breathe.

"what are we talking about?"

"everything and anything." i say. "there's been a lot of changes and i want you there for it."

im guessing he didn't catch the hint of changes the way i expected him to. "what you mean the fact you're dating him now?"

"not exactly." i sigh, following him over to the boxing ring. he was helping a boy train, the same way he helped me. i waited until the boy got some hits in before i laid it on him, "justin and i are getting married."

my dad stopped, ending up getting hit in the face from the boy. thank god he has boxing gloves on. "im so sor-"

"shush." dad shushes the boy. "you're marrying him?"

"yes." i nod. "i don't want any problems so you're either there for me or you're not."

"when you i said talk i meant have our family relationship the same as before not to find out you're engaged." he exclaims. "ask his dad to walk you down the aisle."

"are you serious?" i ask lowly, not wanting to cry.

he just ignores me. when i call justin, i try not to cry, but that failed as soon as i heard his voice. "baby, what's wrong? do you want me to come and get you? im not that far."

"please?" i breathe, walking out of the gym. my tears dried up quick considering its cold outside, almost snowy weather.

++

justin

i had called my mom when shay and i got home. i didn't waste any time breaking the news to her and my dad. we all sat in the living room, jazzy and jaxon upstairs playing. "if her father doesn't agree it's her choice whether she gets married or not." mom says.

shayla laid her head on my shoulder. "he told me to ask jeremy to walk me down the aisle."

mom looks at him, and he shrugs. "i'd love to, if you want me to."

she nods, sniffling a little. smiling, i hold her close, planning to talk to her dad on my own. "did you even propose yet?" mom looks at me.

"don't rush me, okay?" i frown. "i'll do it at the right time."

mom stands up, going upstairs to check on the kids. dad had went into the kitchen, me making shay look at me. "i love you."

"i love you too." she smiles, kissing my cheek. "i'm going to go take a nap."

"no, don't leave me. they're going to keep questioning me." i whine, pulling her back down to the couch.

"they're your parents, shut up." she laughs, walking upstairs. sighing, i walk into the kitchen, dad smirking.

"when are you actually going to propose?"

"when's my next public event? i'll do it there or around paparazzi. i just want everyone to know so i don't have to go through the drama on social media." i look at him, and he just chuckles.

"your next social event is a concert. make her your one less lonely girl, and then propose then."

"that's way better than what i had in mind. thanks dad." i pat his back, and just hums.

"do you even have a ring?"

"yes i do." i wink, and he just rolls his eyes laughing.

----

i saw a few people nominated me for the fan fiction award aw ily

but today i got written up because i "skipped class" like bitch i was in french class doing actual work. if i skipped i would've went home.