001

MAJOR WARNING: AT THE END OF EACH CHAPTER I WILL MAKE AT LEAST ONE KNOCK KNOCK JOKE OR PUN (IDK) PLEASE LAUGH AT THEM ILY

Sincerely, Ray.

*******

PLEASE READ:

You have to read this because I'm tired of explaining it fifty times to people.

This book used to be titled The Stepfather, where Harry was Grace's stepdad - but I wrote that ages ago and I'm changing the plot. The characters remain the same so if you're a re-reader, I apologize for the confusion but it is what it is.

Around Chapter 7, you will see the old plot. This is because I'm struggling to find time to update my book, however, I will at some point.

Finally, Harry in this story is not a reflection of the singer, Harry Styles. I am in no way trying to depict his personality. It's pure fiction.

*******

Before reading the book:

CHAPTER 1

I was about to move all the way to London.

''Grace? Are you alright?''

''Yeah, of course,'' I asked, ''Why wouldn't I be?''

Mum pointed at me, ''Because you're kind of hugging Snowy.''

''Snowy? — Oh,'' I chuckled, looking down at my white teddy bear with a red bow that I had been ever so attached to since day one. I said, ''Right.''

''Well, you better pack Snowy,'' Mum teased, ''I know how you can't sleep without Snowy. He always helps you.''

''Shhh,'' I whispered, ''Enough, please. I already told you, I'm not attached to Snowy anymore. I like him and keep him as a memory.''

''Sure,'' Mum shrugged, ''Just take him with you. We both know you've already packed his bags.''

I playfully rolled my eyes, ''No, I haven't!''

She hummed, ''We'll discuss this later. Right now, I'm going to need you to take your things. I can't believe my baby girl's finally beginning her career as an author.''

''Well, not yet,'' I chuckled. ''First, I'm going to start working as an editor for a magazine, and then I'll see if I can take it a step further.''

''But, you'll get there,'' She gave me a warm smile. ''I know you told me you were going to stay at a hotel before you found a place to live, and I know you hate when I make decisions for you, but my friend told me you can stay with her son.''

''Wait, what?'' I widened my eyes, ''You want me to stay with a complete stranger?''

''He's not a stranger, Sweetheart. He's my friend's son,'' Mum nudged my shoulder. ''I wouldn't send you to live with any random man, would I?''