050

"Thanks.. it's a.. nice dryer." Harry shifted around uncomfortably.

"I'm sure it is.. what colour is it?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

"White," Harry mumbled.

"That's a.. great colour." I added.

"Yeah it's.. my favourite colour." Harry replied, tilting his head.

"I'm going to go.. now." I said, trying to get away from the awkwardness and tension as fast as I could.

I'm genuinely happy that Harry's getting a new dryer.

"Hey there, Grace." Joey said once he saw me come out of the kitchen. I had just finished a very awkward and confusing yet touching conversation with Harry.

"Hey Joey, what's up?" I asked him.

"Not much really. I'm just bored." Joey groaned, "I don't have anything to do."

"Why don't you go and play?" I suggested, trying to help the poor kid out.

"I always play." Joey emphasized, letting out a grunt. "I want to do something fun."

"You wanna play a game? I don't really have anything to do, so I could play with you." I said, trying to cheer him up.

"Okay!" Joey had a wide grin on his face instantly and I chuckled. After jumping around everywhere, he said, "But wait. Where's my daddy?"

"He's in the kitchen." I told him.

"Maybe he could play too," Joey said, shrugging. "You both could play with me."

"Um.. Sure. Why not?" I agreed with him, nodding my head. "You want to go to him and ask him to join us?-"

I was cut off by Joey, who let out a very loud scream. "Daddy!"

"Joey, you didn't have to yell." I playfully rolled my eyes. "You could've just gone there yourself and asked him. Even I could have yelled."

"Then why didn't you?" Joey asked as if it was the most obvious thing. He had his arms crossed over his chest, and I decided to let it go.

"Never mind," I shook my head and smiled at him.

"Why isn't he coming? Did he not hear me? Did I not yell loud enough?" Joey asked.

"No, honey, I think you yelled pretty loud." I said to the child in front of me.

"Okay, okay. I'm here." Harry rushed into the living room. He stopped and said, "What's the matter? What the heck happened?"

"Nothing," Joey said quietly and calmly, putting his hands in his pocket.

"Joey, you screamed. I thought something was wrong." Harry said, shaking his head.

"I just wanted to play a game with you and Grace," Joey shrugged.

"You could've just come and told me about it. You didn't have to yell, buddy." Harry said.

"Gosh, why is everyone telling me not to yell? I wasn't going to walk all the way over to the kitchen and tell you, was I?" Joey said, sighing.

"Relax, Buddy." Harry said, messing up Joey's hair with his hands. "So, what game do you want to play?"

"I don't know. Maybe truth or dare." Joey looked at both Harry and myself for approval.