065

"Explain. Now."

Joey pointed his finger at Bella. "It was her idea."

I was way past disappointed, I was started to become angry that they had done something like this and taken it a step too far. I glared, "I don't care whose idea it was. I want to know why the heck you two snuck into the car."

"We just wanted to be with you, Daddy." Bella said.. "You're always leaving. Plus you said that you wanted us to come. We just wanted to maybe have some fun."

Joey muttered under his breath."She just wanted to be with you."

"Bella, Joey. This is not acceptable at all." I said. "You two are supposed to be at home. How did you even manage to get out? Louis is back home and he thinks you're asleep. It is way past your bedtime."

Bella apologized. "We know, and we're sorry."

"Me too," Joey said. "Sorry, Daddy."

I sighed. "I still can't believe you two were in here the whole time!"

Shit.

They were in here the whole time, I repeated to myself.

I prayed that they fell asleep and didn't see Grace because if they did, everything would be a mess. I continued to lecture them in a serious and stern tone, "Sorry doesn't fix it. Just wait until we get home. We'll talk about your punishment."

I can't believe I was going to bring Grace in the backseat. Thank God for the outcome of the situation.

"Yes, it wasn't that hard getting out of the house since Louis never pays attention. Then, we saw you on the phone and it just made everything easier for us. When you weren't looking, we got in the car and hid under the blanket the whole time. We tried to follow you, but then we got locked." Bella explained, leaving me with wide eyes.

I swear, I have the wildest children out there.

Should I be impressed or disappointed?

Of course I should be disappointed. I asked, "How much did you see and hear?"

"Well, you were with a girl." Joey explained. "I thought it was Erin but Bella said it didn't look like her. We didn't see who it was, though."

"Yes," I said. "It was, um, it was Erin."

"Erin? Really? Sure." Bella nodded her head slowly.

I stared at Bella. "It was Erin."

Bella nodded, "Kay."

"Wait, so you were locked in here the whole time?" I thought about how long I had actually been out of the car with Grace, and came to realize that it was, in fact, a very long time.

"Yes, Daddy. That's what we said," Bella said.

"Gosh, you are supposed to be asleep at this time." I groaned. "Why on earth would you do something like that?"

"It's fun," Bella shrugged.

"I tried to stop her. You know she never listens to me." Joey said, raising his hands in the air.

"It's not just her fault. It is also yours." I told him. "Now I'm going to have to go home and think of your punishment."

"Punishment?" Bella gasped.

"That's right. You did not inform anyone of where you were going and snuck into my car, without even telling me. Louis is at home, probably wondering where you are! You realize how dangerous this was? And on top of that, you stayed up past your bedtime." I told them. "Sorry, kids — Actually, I'm not sorry, since you two made a mistake. There's going to be a punishment.