051

GRACE

It had been quite an eventful day today. Harry and I were just chilling, waiting for my Mum to come home.

"I am so bored right now." Harry clicked his tongue, stretching his legs out and spreading them across the whole table.

"Me too," I sighed. "I'm just waiting for Mum to come home so we can finally eat. I'm starving."

"Honestly, same." Harry said, watching Joey build a small tower with tiny legos.

Then, the door opened - and it was Mum.

I sighed in relief. Finally, I've been waiting for her for so long. I'm hungry, and I just want to eat.

She had an usual look on her face, I couldn't quite describe it. Mum looked mad, she looked upset but at the same time she looked confused.

Eh, it's probably nothing that important.

"Joey, Bella." Mum exhaled two deep sighs as she spoke, trying to make an effort to sound as calm as possible. "Please go and play. I need to talk to Harry and Grace."

Oh no, is this about us? Is this what I think it is? She is telling the children to leave, that can't be good.

Instantly, the feeling of fear washed over me. I felt myself getting warm and sweaty all of a sudden, and looked down at the ground.

"Fine," Joey said. He bent down to help his little sister first. Holding her hand and taking her with him, he left the three of us alone.

"What's.. going on?" Harry asked nervously. Just a while ago, Harry and I were talking about this and I was not prepared for what was about to happen.

"I really don't want to believe it's true!" Mum yelled, startling the both of us. She took out an envelope from her pocket and ripped it open aggressively, holding up a letter and showing to us. "I really don't want to believe it!"

"Erin, calm down." Harry ran his hands through his hair. He stood up and walked to my mother, calming her. "What.. What is that?"

"Don't touch me!" Mum shoved him away from her. She wasn't just angry anymore, she was furious. What came out of her mouth next shocked us both, "You molested my daughter!"

My jaw hung open and I felt my entire stomach drop.

This was exactly what I was afraid of, it was what I had feared all this time. It was happening, and it wasn't a dream.

"Molested?!" Harry repeated in shock, raising his voice. "What the hell, Erin?! I didn't molest anyone!"

"No! It's not your turn to talk!" Mum yelled. She went trough the envelope and pulled something that looked all-too-familiar. "What the hell is this? This is the photograph of the two of you that day when you," She pointed at me. "Were supposed to be going on a date. And you," she furiously pointed at Harry. "Were supposed to be at a dinner!"

"Mum, stop-" I tried, but was furiously interrupted.

"No, Grace! You need to be quiet!" Mum fought back, shutting me up completely. She barely ever yelled like this, she was really mad. She turned to Harry and shouted, "And to think I ever trusted you?! You're a fucking disgusting monster! How dare you even go near my daughter?!"

"I didn't molest her! I would never do that! Not to her, not to anyone!" Harry defended himself, his voice near her volume. "You know me, Erin! You know I would never!"