Chapter 12

Never Again: Chapter 12

Rose's POV

I walked along the in the woods with Iris, we left the boys after I told them to give us space. They were reluctant at first, but I convinced them to stay behind for awhile while Iris had time to breathe. I wanted to know what happened between Iris and the unknown werewolf, but I didn't want to make her anymore upset that she already was.

"I'll make some tea," I spoke as we walked into the old creaky house. I remembered her saying something about how tea was her favorite thing to drink, so hopefully this will calm her nerves enough to tell me what happened.

"Don't leave me alone with them," she spoke quietly.

I handed her her tea and nodded my head. "I won't," I feel awful. If it wasn't for me inviting her to the party or running her over, she wouldn't have gone upstairs with Isaac and she wouldn't be this emotionally upset.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"For what?"

"Well this is all my fault, I shouldn't have gotten you involved with all this nonsense. If you get hurt, or something happens to either of us, it will be my fault!"

"Listen, before I met you, I was a nobody. I had one friend. Ok, so now that I've met you, you guys pay attention to me, that feels good. I know it's dangerous to be around them, but I can't explain how I feel a connection towards them and towards you. Whatever happens to me will be worth it because I have such an amazing friends now," she smiled and I smiled also. I wrapped my arms around her neck and hugged her really tight because I didn't want anything to happen to her. Or to our new friendship.

Iris was right, we did have a connection. Somehow deep down I know we were meant to be friends. But deep down I know that us being around the boys would be dangerous. Very dangerous.

"Is that them," Iris interrupted my thoughts and pulled away from my hug. I could hear the footsteps too on the porch. "I don't want to see them," she whispered and I nodded.

"Go find a room upstairs, I'll distract them. Then you can take my car and leave. I'll just get Niall to take me home," I smiled and she nodded, i handed her my keys and she began tiptoeing out of the kitchen and down the long hall into one of the many rooms.

"I just don't know who it could be. Their scent was so unique." Harry spoke as they all walked into the kitchen and joined me. I was sitting on the counter as they leaned up against the cooking island in the middle.

"Yeah but we need to find out soon," Louis said.

"Yes, I know," they all conversed quietly. But Zayn's attention was elsewhere. I know they could smell Iris. That's why I have to distract them.

"Hey, do you guys have like special senses that not everyone has. Like mind reading or like super super speed," I asked and they all faced me.

"Well, we all have talents. If that's what you mean," Niall said and came over an leaned against the counter beside me.

"What are talents?" I asked, fully distracting all of the boys.

"Well, it's like superpowers but better I guess," Niall said.

"What do you mean better?" I asked again.

"They just are, it's not anything you would see in a comic book or on the television." Louis smiled.

"Well do you guys have talents?" I asked, this was actually really amazing.

"Yes, we do. Mine is I can read minds," Louis blushed and I could tell he knew exactly what I've been thinking the entire time I've known him. My cheeks flushed as well, all those embarrassing Niall thoughts coming back.