Chapter 53

Never Again: Chapter 53

Rose's POV

I was baking a big breakfast for the boys since all we ha been having lately was take out food. Pizza every night might sound good, but it's really not. I took the pancakes off the griddle and placed them on a plate. I also took the sizzling bacon off the stove and placed it on a separate plate.

It was only about 7 in the morning and the boys weren't up. I thought they would be up at the smell of food, but I guess not. I yelled for them to wake up and I heard their groans from all the way downstairs. I laughed as I saw Louis and Harry walk down the steps, followed by Niall.

"Well good morning," I smiled at each of them and they all groaned again, apart from Niall who ha wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I think it's really sexy you cook," Niall whispered in my ear and I blushed deep red. I kissed his cheek and slipped from his grasp to grabbed the orange juice and some glasses.

"I made plenty of food. So eat up," I said and took the orange juice from the fridge an placed it on the table.

"This tastes so good," Harry said with a mouthful of pancakes and I smiled and laughed.

"No talking with your mouthful Harold," I scolded and Harry pouted playfully.

I sat next to Niall and piled my plate with pancakes, bacon, eggs, and the assortment of fruit I had set out. The boys didn't speak but kept on shoving food onto their plates and into their mouths.

"Damn, how starving were you boys?" I asked as I saw Louis taking his fourth helping of eggs. They shrugged and continued to eat.

I heard footsteps approaching from outside. Niall and the boys stopped eating and looked in the direction it came. I knew by their footstep patterns it was Zayn and Iris. Iris would always walk on her heals while I knew the sound of Zayn's big boots.

"Relax, it's Iris and Zayn," I mumble and went to check on my blueberry and cinnamon muffins that were almost done. The boys nodded and the door opened from the hall. "Nice of you two to join us," I yelled and I heard Iris snicker.

"What were you two even doing," Louis asked and furrowed his eyebrows. "YOU GUYS DID WHAT?!" Louis yelled and Iris elbowed Zayn in the ribs, she was blushing scarlet.

"We-we did nothing," Iris stuttered and wrapped her arms around Zayn's bare torso.

"Well, Zayn is shirtless and Iris is blushing. Also her hair is a mess and Zayn looks like he just won the lottery so I guess we can make assumptions of what you two pals were doing," Harry snickered an bit into his toast.

I ignored their banter and went back to my cooking. I put on my oven mitts and pulled the muffins out of the oven and placed them on the counter to cool. Then I picked up my water and took a few gulps to quench my throat.

"You know, it's really none of you business. So please stay out of it. We don't talk about how Niall and Rose haven't mated, so just shut up. Now," Zayn barked and I chocked on my water.

"Excuse me?" I slammed my water on the counter. Louis' and Harry's mouth hung open, wide eyed as they watched my eyes. I assumed they turned red because Niall was at my side, whispering for me to calm down.

"Rose, please calm down," Niall cooed and I pushed him off of me.

Yes I was true, Niall and I aren't mated yet. Yes, the boys shouldn't be any part of this and they should stay out. It was my fault we haven't yet, and it was because I was scared. I'm not even sure what I was scared of, but I was. Alphas aren't even supposed to feel afraid.

"Zayn!" Iris yelled and slapped him in the arm, even if she looked quiet amused at the Louis' and Harry's fear to be stuck in the middle of two mated pairs. Well one mated and unmated pairs of mates.

"Are you fucking kidding me? That's none of your damn business Zayn!" I yelled and stalked to where I was in front of Zayn and Iris. I was so angry he brought that up, he had no right.

"Rose," Iris began and I could tell she was conflicted. She wanted to protect her mate, but she knew we were bonded and couldn't hurt me. I growled at her and she looked hurt.

"How the hell were Niall and I brought into this fucking discussion!? We weren't even saying anything for fucks sake! Niall was eating half the damn table and I was taking out my damn muffins," I yelled at Zayn and he took a step back. Wise choice.

"I'm sorry Rose," Zayn muttered and I didn't want him to fear or hate his alpha so I groaned and stomped my foot.

"It's just so frustrating," I yelled and pulled at my hair. I ran my hand over my face and stepped away from Zayn.

"What is?" Louis asked, furrowing his eyebrows. He wanted to read my mind so I let him.

'Louis, I'm afraid to. Alphas aren't supposed to be afraid. I don't know why I'm afraid to mate Niall, I just am' I forced myself to say then blocked him out again. Louis face looked almost apologetic and he nodded. I'm sure Harry could feel what I was feeling, but he wouldn't say anything because he wouldn't want to start a fight or whatever would lead from him telling people my feelings.

"Just eat the breakfast I woke up at 5 to make please. No more talking," I groaned and Iris and Zayn went and sat down at the table. They ate in silence and I picked up the muffins from the counter and placed it in the middle of the table. They all muttered "thank you's" and how good my breakfast was.

Niall wasn't eating, he had his arms wrapped around my torso as my heart rate decreased. "I'm sorry," Niall whispered and I nodded. I didn't feel like talking. Truthfully, I felt sick to my stomach.

"Well, thank you very much for the breakfast Rose," Zayn said and smiled awkwardly. I nodded, still not feeling like talking.

"You'll have to excuse me," I said, I pushed away from Niall and left the room. I didn't feel like having them all watch me. I knew what they were thinking. They were thinking why I hadn't mated Niall.

I slammed the door to Niall's an I room and jumped on the bed. I wrapped myself in the blanket. I cowered in my blankets until someone opened my door. Niall, I assume. I still didn't feel like talking.

"Hey," I heard him say from under the blankets, I didn't move. I stayed in my warm blankets. "Come on out babe," Niall whispered and sat on the end of the bed.

"No," I whispered and shifted so my back was towards him.

"Then I'll come under with you," he muttered and pulled the duvet from my body. I giggled when he wrapped his arms around my torso from behind and pulled the duvet so it was covering our faces and heads. "I wish I knew how to make you feel better," Niall mumbled and kissed my shoulder.

"You already make me feel better just by being with me,"

"I just wish-" my voice cracked and I stopped talking. "I just wish I could give you something since you've given me so much already,"

"Don't feel like you have to give me anything. I promised I wouldn't push you into anything, and I won't." Niall whispered.

I turned to my other side so I could see Niall. His eyes shown underneath the darkness of the blanket, they were a bright purple. I smiled and kissed his nose. He placed one of his hands on my hip and rubbed his thumbs over my hip bone.

He was so beautiful, I know he just woke up but I'm sure anyone who could see him would say he's a model. His hair flopped down on his face, right above his big eyes. His adorable nose sure was something. I just wanted to kiss every part of his face.

Maybe being mated with Niall wasn't something to be afraid of. Maybe I was ready, but what if I wasn't? I could trust him, what else was there.

"Niall,"

"Yes princess?"

"I think I'm ready,"