Chapter 44

Never Again: Chapter 44

Rose's POV

I watched out of the corner of my eyes as Iris laid in the grass. The boys were all talking quietly amongst themselves and I couldn't pay attention. My mind to be somewhere else.

"Hello?" Harry asked and waved his large hand in front of my face. I shook my head and waved my hand in his direction so he would shoo off. "Well then," Harry muttered and went back to talking to Louis, who was sitting note porch steps. I was standing a little ways off to the side and I just didn't want to speak to any of the boys at the moment.

"I'm going inside," I mumbled and rubbed my now throbbing head. I stumbled in through the doors and almost fell on my way up the steps. Why was I so dizzy?

"Rose?" Niall said as he grabbed my waist so I wouldn't stumble again. "Rose, are you ok?" He asked and I waved my hand and shook my head.

"My head," I mumbled and felt his strong arms hoist me up. The sudden jerk in movement made me flinch and I stiffened.

It felt like someone else was in control of my body, I couldn't hold on to Niall. I just laid limp in his arms. I muttered a few words and felt the rest of my body go numb.

************************************

My head felt like someone had took a hammer an pounded my skull in. I made a mistake of trying to sit up and became slightly dizzy and nauseous. I've never felt so sick in my life and I want to know why.

Niall and Iris both sat, asleep, in chairs on either side of me and I smiled to myself knowing they cared enough so stay with me during my freak and sudden illness. I shifted again in what smelled like Niall's bed and Niall's eyes slowly and lazily opened. They widened he went to his knees to sit beside me on the bed. Iris also woke up to the shuffling and stared at me intently while I was still waking up.

"Hi," my voice was hoarse and I didn't sound like myself. "Why do I feel like utter and complete shit," I asked and rubbed my hand over my face and then moved my fingers over my throbbing head.

"I honestly don't know. I was taking you upstairs because you weren't walking right and you passed out. You've actually been unconscious for about a day in a half," Niall said and grabbed my free hand in his, slowly moving his thumb over my knuckles.

"Oh," was all I managed to say and the room fell silent. "Well what happened when I was out,"

Iris looked weary, like she had been crying. Her eyes puffy and her cheeks a bright pink. Her eyes flashed a deep blue then back to their normal hazel color. I smiled weakly at her but she just looked at her hands, like she would cry again. That's weird, very weird.

"Well," Iris's voice broke and I knew it was something bad if she was upset enough to let her guard down and show emotion. "Aden, he-" then she broke, unraveling right before my eyes. I looked at Iris sobbing then I looked frantically at Niall but his eyes were gazed over with tears and I needed to know for sure if my thoughts were true.

"He what?" I looked between Niall and Iris. Iris was still sobbing and Niall looked sad and his eyes were deep blue.

"Rose, the Daemons killed him!" Iris screamed then ran out of the room, I guess she had enough of letting her guard down. I could hear her slam the door a few feet away from mine then I could hear the bed creak, she must've thrown her self on it.

"It's not true," my voice cracked and Niall nodded his head, confirming it an I felt the air being sucked out I my lungs.

They keep taking everything. They took Josh from Niall. Then they took Aden from Iris, as if she wasn't already broken. My eyes welled with tears and I wiped them away fast so Niall wouldn't see me cry.

In the pit of my stomach, I felt something. Something horrible, and awful. But I shook it off, thinking it was just the fact another part I my pack was killed.

Aden probably didn't know how much he meant to me. He helped Iris, made her stronger. He helped me get her back an he would never know how much that meant to me because I never told Aden. That's what broke my heart, I could never tell him how thankful I was that he brought her back when I thought there might not have been hope.

He was a lost wolf without a pack but within the last few days I could feel that he was apart of our pack. I know Niall knew so too, we never had a proper induction for him but he was apart of our little family.

Now another tie was severed between me and one of my pack mates that could never be repaired. I felt so much anger and hatred towards the Daemon pack that it scared me. I had never felt this way, so much hate and evil in my blood and I didn't want it there.

"Rose?" Niall asked and he squeezed my hand, making me come out of the space in my brain. I shook my head ignoring the throbbing pain and stood up from the bed. I yanked my hand from Niall's and stalked to the door. "Rose, calm down!" Niall was up from his chair and grabbed my waist within the same second.

"Let me go!" I screamed and felt myself unraveling and my knees became weak. "I need to run!"

"Run from what! Or where!?" Niall yelled and let go of my waist but only to grab me again and wrap his arms around me so I couldn't squirm as much.

I let my pulse calm before I answer his question. Niall was staring at me with wide eyes an I couldn't help but think he was the most handsome boy I had ever laid my eyes on. Looking at him made me calm and warm. Most of the hatred and evil I felt minutes before felt like it never existed.

"I wanted to run from myself. I feel so much hate sometimes and it scares me," I sighed and buried my face in his chest. "I hate myself so much when I want to hurt someone or when I feel like I'm evil," I wrapped my arms around his waist to bring him closer an he tightened his grip on his tug and I let out a breath if complete relief. I felt normal again.

It was amazing what Niall could do to me, just by hugging me. He made me calm and serene. He also made me feel safe.

"Well you're anything but evil or hateful," he whispered and kissed the crown of my head.

"I hope so,"