Chapter 21

Never Again: Chapter 21

Iris's POV

Rose was sleeping upstairs apparently she passed out because her body didn't rest enough after she turned. I was sitting outside staring down the driveway. I wanted to go home, I really did, I missed my family so much, why wouldn't they let me see them. I was beginning to get sad and angry, my normal life was now over. And now I was stuck away from the only family I had left.

Suddenly it began to rain again, I knew I was causing it but I couldn't stop it. I was angry at the world, I always had been since my parents died. And being a werewolf having to be separated by the only family I have left makes it worse.

"Iris are you okay," Niall asked walking outside being followed by the rest of the "pack".

"Yeah," I mumbled lying completely.

"Are you sure because I'm not making it rain" he said sitting down next to me. In a way I guess Niall was becoming our so called "alpha". I wouldn't listen to him though, I have a stubborn side to me. I hate people bossing me around.

I realised that they were still waited for me to answer. "Oh yah I'm fine," I mumbled. They all gave me the -are you kidding me -look. I just stared back down the drive way, I realised that Zayn was walking outside now, I hadn't really talked fully to him. I have been avoiding him, I knew I was hurting his feelings, but I couldn't bring my self to actually sit down and talk about my feelings to him. I think that was because if I did that then I knew he would completely break. I told him how I truly felt he would hate himself even more. I hate what he did to me, i hate werewolves, i hate it here, I can't bare to look at him without feeling betrayed, I want to go home more than anything else in the world, and I hate my self. Those exact thoughts would ruin him, so It is easier to just ignore him.

"Is that the truth," Louis interrupted my thoughts.

"Is w-what true," I stuttered, I didn't want him to know that.

"Is that how you really feel Iris?!" Louis asked sternly.

"Why were you reading my thoughts," I whimpered.

"Because we were talking to you and you zoned out! How can you dislike being a werewolf so much?!?!" Louis growled angry at me.

"I'm sorry! I just want to go home!" I sobbed into my hands.

"So Niall was right, you really don't want to stay here with us or with Zayn!"Louis was growling even more.

"Yeah I guess he was right," I said in my hands. I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I whipped my head back and sunk my teeth into the flesh making someone scream in pain. I looked up to see Niall holding his bloody hand.

Everyone was standing by him immediately, making sure he was okay. Zayn growled loudly, obviously mad at me for biting Niall. It hurt that he would pick Niall over me and maybe that's why the rain came down harder, i was hurt and angry so the water was just trying to comfort me. Niall was only looking at me with understanding, Louis and Harry looked shocked, and zayn looked mad. Suddenly Rose came down stairs confusion written all over her face.

"Rose go back inside and rest," Niall said.

"But I heard what happened from upstairs and I wanted to talk to Iris," Rose mumbled.

"Go upstairs , love," Niall said, and Rose just nodded her head and she went upstairs again, I think she knew that she couldn't comfort me right now, plus she looked so tired. I felt bad for what I was going to do.

We were all soaking wet now and I just got up and started walking down the driveway. "Where are you going," Harry called. But I didn't answer instead I started running. I didn't want to leave rose but I needed my family.

I ran as fast as my legs would carry me, but I was new so i wasn't as fast as them. They all new where I was going, so I didn't have surprise on my side. I growled and pushed my legs harder, I could hear the pounding of their feet behind me but I needed to see my family so again I pushed my legs even harder. It was so difficult to breathe right now but I couldn't stop.

I ran for what seemed like forever, but finally I reached my door and ripped it open. I then slammed it shut and ran upstairs. I grabbed a pair of sunglasses and then dashed into Liam's room, school should be over by now and our parents should be at work.

"Liam," I called.

"IRIS!!" Liam jumped up from his bed and Engulfed me into a hug.

"Where have you been?!" He asked worriedly.

"I missed you and I'm sorry," I sobbed into his shoulder. I knew he was confused, but he didn't ask me anything. Instead he sat me down on his bed, he didn't question what I was wearing either, which was sunglasses and a oversized shirt.

He walked out of the room and came back with my Pjs and then pushed me towards the shower. I took a shower and then got dressed in my own clothes. I left my sunglasses off, commanding my eyes to stay their normal color. I ran back into Liam's room, jumping on his bed.

He climbed in after me and wrapped me into a hug. I hugged him back and fell asleep in the safety of his arms. Yeah, I know he wasn't as strong as 5 werewolves but he was my best friend and he had always felt safe. I was happy here and I refused to go back.