Fairy Tale Special - Shadow x reader: Sleeping Beauty

You are a (A/T)

She will sleep for 100 years...

There was once a village, not very small but not too big either. It was strong in trade and had never struck out against the kingdom, it was prosperous and all those who lived there were happy.

However the kingdom which this village laid in had a very odd law. That there were to be no spinning wheels in the land what so ever. One random day about 30 years ago this law was passed apparently on the day of the princess' christening, and wouldn't be lifted until they new that a form of prophecy couldn't take place.

Even though by this time the princess had married a prince from another land and the kingdom was firm and strong.

So if and when a spinning wheel was found it would be set into flames the very same day, and the one who crafted it severely punished.

But coming back to the village a particular (F/C) (A/T) stood at a stall in the market of the village viewing the items available for purchase.

"Um please may I have a bag of the toads stall power, three strips of mandrake root bark and a some worm wood?" she asked.

"Certainly ma'am." the stool owner said getting her purchase ready.

He handed over all the paper bags and she gave him his pay before carrying on down the market. The (A/T) also known as (Y/N) was the village's witch. But unlike the evil witch Maleficent she was a white witch, or a good witch. Also the daughter of the council man of the village.

Now that she had the ingredients to make her concoctions she was headed back home, and for some reason the obscure law against spinning wheels came into her head.

Why would the king banish all spinning wheels? I've only seen drawings because they were banned before I was born but from what I learnt their very practical pieces of equipment...

Lost in thought (Y/N) didn't realise that as she walked she was dragging her feet, which ultimately led her to catch her foot on a rock. She tripped violently but before she could hit the ground an arm wrapped around her waist pulling her back up.

"You need to look where you going." a monotone voice said.

"Oh, hello Shadow." (Y/N) replied happily.

"Did you get the supplies you required?" he asked, being his usual self.

"Yes, and I got a good price on them as well." she answered.

(Y/N) and Shadow actually knew each other very well and had been friends for about two years. They'd met in a forest outlining the kingdom whilst (Y/N) was harvesting rare herbs which she collected about every month, and some bandits saw her as an easy target. With her witch powers she was more than capable to defend herself.

But before she could even say a spell the black and red hedgehog aided her taking the bandits down with the effort of a breeze. Shadow in actual fact turned out to be one of the most famed fighters in the entire kingdom, and yet he decided to stay in (Y/N)'s village for the past two years.

And this was because for the first time in a long while the (A/T) witch was someone who he could tolerate and enjoy being in their company. Although he'd never admit this to her. Much like he'd never admit that he fears the day they'll have to part due to him being immortal.

"So what were you lost in thought with this time?" he asked, very much accustomed to that distant look on her face.

"I Was thinking of the spinning wheel law, I just find it odd." (Y/N) said.