Infinate x reader: Until That Day

WARNING!! This chapter contains many spoilers concerning the game Sonic Forces, it is also based off what I have played so far and some scenes and lines have been edited for the sake of story-line

You are a (A/T)

Join the resistance!

He came out of no where. And no one was ready. It was expected of the heroes to fight everyone's battle as usual, whilst all the others watched from the sidelines. But this time, this time it was different. Eggman had learnt from his mistakes, he'd become stronger, smarter, gathering a team of fighters who were too much for the blue hero. Especially the masked villain.

No one knew the extent of the masked ones powers until the dead started to pile up and the screams became constant. It wouldn't be the usual tale of the Sonic defeating Eggman within a matter of days. Not when Sonic was dead.

And so everyone was forced to learn the true meaning of war. The people started to loose hope, Eggman had taken over completely. And then the word war wasn't used anymore, as there wasn't an equal chance of each side winning.

But there were still those strong and fighting, the resistance, even after six months of Eggman's awful reign, they were still hopeful. In there well hidden HQ they continued to plan how they could still win this fight.

"Eggman's army is unstoppable!" Vector held his head walking into main HQ "Without Sonic, the people are loosing hope and giving into despair."

All members in the room, Amy, Silver, Charmy and Espio hadn't wanted to say what Vector finally had.

"Despair is a luxury we don't have." Silver crossed his arms.

"I still dream Sonic is with us." Amy said sadly "Do you think he might be-

"I'm an optimistic, but I'm also a realist." Silver cut her off "Sonic is gone Amy, and Tails... Tails has just lost it. If we're going to win we have to do it without them.

"Silver is right." Espio agreed standing forward "We've been hoping for a miracle these past six months, but I'm afraid we have to make out own miracle."

"Eggman's army has everyone terrified. If we want the people to rally, we have to show them that strength doesn't just come from numbers."

"Not everyone is terrified." Charmy interjected "Isn't a new recruit joining us today?"

"Yes," Silver nodded "a survivor from the city right?"

It was then the doors opened and Knuckles walked in, Silver greeting him first.

"Knuckles! What's the sitrep, commander?"

"Happy to see you're all alive. Eggman's forces have chewed through our defenses at Green Hill, and the resistance in the city is reporting that whatever it is that finished Sonic... Sorry, I'm still not used to saying that. Whatever it is it has them running in fear."

It was then the door opened again revealing a (F/C) coloured (A/T) who seemed rather shy, eyes darting looking at everyone in the room as she walked into the room.

"All except this brave kid, who survived the battle and made it here in one piece. Meet our newest recruit."

Knuckles gave her a hard pat on the back causing her to stumble a little. She would have introduced herself but then Charmy flew up to her.

"Hmm, doesn't look like much."

"Neither do you, Charmy," Knuckles was quick to defend her "but I still manage to find a use for your pointy butt!"