Butterfly Effect

Hello there my dear Chao's! Your lovely fairgodmother here, and very sadly, here for the last time as far as this book is concerned...

This book has now been going on for nearly two years now and is finally coming to an end 157 parts later of weekly updates besides a few weeks, which were due to me catching the horrible norovirus and plain old sixth form work. So naturally I'm feeling very nostalgic as I recall when this book started and what specifically was my inspiration to even start this book in the first place.

Que the butterfly effect when I thought back to what specific thought led me to dedicating so much of my time, which now calculates to over a year now. And thinking back on it I thought it was around March 2016, which I will explain later, when this book was first published that inspiration struck. But then as I started to think about it more and more, tracking further back then I thought I ever could. And as it turned out, this whole book started back in 2012, five years ago!

Allow me to explain.

The year was 2012, December. Me, my twin sister and dad all went into town to do Christmas shopping as I still had no idea as to what I wanted for Christmas. Long story short the trip ended up with one of my first visits into the local Waterstones, which I would spend many more hours in in the future. And they just so happened to have a live display for the new kindle fire.

After standing there playing fruit ninja for about five minutes my dad asked me if I wanted one as my Christmas present, I happily said I would. But it wasn't till actually several months into the new year I could use it properly as we didn't have wifi and we had to wait for it to come and go, along with many attempted to make an amazon account.

But once I could use my kindle correctly I went on YouTube, as you do, when I found a funny looking video titled 'What not to do at the beach', Danisnotonfire.

Watching the video I found it very funny and comical, finding someone who disliked the beach as much as me. But despite my talk of the kindle I then ironically didn't touch it for years when the next year, 2013, I got a phone for Christmas. In fact I didn't even write any of this book on my kindle, mostly forgot about it after then getting an ipod and laptop for other Christamas which I both wrote on. Now if I'm sounding like a spoilt kid, then I guess I am. And I'm very lucky to have parents who like to spoil me so at times like Christmas.

But we are actually far from rich.

Time skip to 2015 and there was the debut of the French TV series 'Miraculous: The Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir.' At this point my sister had just set up a tumblr account and Miraculous Ladybug was all over her dash, when she only wanted Sonic related posts. However she did reblog one post, and that was one fatal gif set.

It was various gifs of the main characters Marinette and Adrian who are also secretly Ladybug and Chat Noir in various situations where they nearly kiss, and there at the bottom was a gif of Danisnotonfire with a pair of goggles saying 'now kiss!'. Now if I hadn't been given my kindle, I wouldn't have learnt of Danisnotonfire and my sister wouldn't have reblogged that post.

Skip on over to 2016 and me and my sister were completely obsessed with the Miraculous fandom which, finally, led to my inspiration for this entire book. Naturally with any fandom there is fanart, and my sister was saving her favorite pieces which I would then later see. Then there was once piece where Marinette was comforting a rain soaked Adrian, which I was then told was fan art from a very popular one shot book.

I then went onto read several of these fantastically written one shots, and I wondered what it would be like to have one shots as well written as this for Sonic character reader inserts, and that was how it all began. On the 26 march 2016, I published my first chapter.    

A trip to town, a kindle, learning of a YouTuber and then one simple gif, which led to a fandom, which led to fanfiction. That is the entire butterfly effect of this entire book!

Am I looking at this too much? No, I don't think so, considering I have dedicated so much to this book. I can't tell you how many nights I stayed up late at night finishing one shots, desperately looking for ideas in every day things, and battling months of writers block. Along with making sure I answered all comments and planned out all my time, which involved a full school week of days at sixth form, a part time job, family duties and then study and social time.  

After all this I'm not sure how I feel about it all finally coming to an end. But what I am sure of is that this book has helped me in ways I could never imagine. I have gained many fantastic internet friends whom I hope to communicate for many years to come. I've gotten better at managing my time, I can now write faster in shorter amounts of time proven by the length of my first and last one shot. My spelling and grammar have improved drastically which ultimately greatly helped me in my English Literature exams. But probably the most heart warming benefit, was how all of you helped me develop confidence in myself.

Whenever anyone commented I would get excited, and then I would melt at all your kind words. And then I would rocket to the moon at hearing I had inspired several books, just like I had been previously inspired.

So in short this book has been a rollacoaster of ups and downs, for me anyway, and yes I am sad its ending, but I am also excited to try something else having written so many short stories. For those who read Stolen, that was me experimenting with a more lengthy story with intricate detail. Now I want to try even longer stories. And even along with that I have another Shadow x reader in the works! So there's much more to come!

With that being said please keep this book in your library, if not to reread one shots, keep up to date with latest developments which will be announced at the very end of this book.

And I suppose there is nothing else really to say, other than. (Y/N), Princess, Queen, Anamatronic, robot, AI, thank you for staying with me all this time, and I hope you continue to do so. So for now, bye bye, my darling little Chao.