Shadow x reader: Dancing on the Ice (Christmas Special)

You are a (A/T)

Don't stay out too long as baby it's cold outside.

"We're not far now, I promise!"

"You said that five minutes ago."

"Yeah well this time I mean it!"

Despite Shadow's usual tone he didn't sound annoyed and (Y/N) was as bouncy as ever. But where exactly they were headed was a mystery to Shadow.

This morning he'd woken up to the sound of someone rustling about his house, before (Y/N) came running into his room demanding he wake up. Of course he had asked why but she had just said it was a secret as she laughed in excitement.

So here they were both now as (Y/N) held his hand leading him through a snow covered forest, which even Shadow had to admit was a charm of nature. Also he didn't mind (Y/N) waking him up and dragging him out here, they were in a relationship after all and he loved her.

"There it is! Come on!" (Y/N) gasped suddenly breaking out into a run dragging Shadow with her.

"(Y/N) be careful you'll slip!" He warned her.

But within a second they'd made it to a cleaning and Shadow saw what (Y/N) had been so eager to show him.

There in front of them was an iced over lake, the ice sparkling from the sun light reflecting off it. And trees lined some parts of the edge of the lake creating a sort of arch over the frozen water.

"What do you think?" She asked eagerly.

But his brief silence was an answer in its self, as he took a moment to take the sight in.

"It certainly has a charm." He answered, still looking around.

Smiling to herself (Y/N) knew she'd done a good job. But she wasn't done yet. Slinging the back she had been carrying off of her shoulder Shadow looked over to her as he heard the small sound of blades hitting each other.

She'd brought with her a pair of ice skates for them both.

"So that's why I heard rustling down stairs." Shadow said with a whisper of a smirk.

Before waking Shadow up (Y/N) had found his ice skates and put them in her bag, as not to ruin the surprise.

"Well I knew you had skates from the olympics." She smiled.

It was then a bit of a balancing game as the two swapped boots for skates, but nether the less it was achieved. Shadow was the first on the ice finding it as easy as ever, the ice was hard and safe plus it was smooth.

He then turned to help (Y/N) knowing she wasn't the best at skating, but she surprised him when she was able to skate delicately over to him.

"Ta da!" She said with a flourish.

"You've certainly gotten better since last time." He smiled at her.

He was of course referring to the last he had tried to teach her to skate. Using regular skates they'd found an abandon area with a concrete surface and soon found that she wasn't a natural like Shadow. He had once thought her graceful until that day.

Then it had started to rain and (Y/N) had to kick off the skates walk in her socks, but both of them found it very amusing and ended up doing some light dancing in the rain before heading home.

But now it would appear that (Y/N) wasn't as useless at skating.

"It's just that Amy likes to go ice skating a lot at the local ice ring, and she often invited me. But I know you don't like crowded places like that so when I found this place I just had to show you." she explained happily.