Boom!Mephiles x reader: Amnesia

You are a (A/T)

Sometimes you simply have to make the best of the given situation.

A bright white light. That was the first thing he was aware of. It made it too painful for him to open his eyes, so he started to do so gradually. It was still bright but eventually he was able to witness the scene in front of him. The white was replaced by the majority of  blue, smudged remainders of the white. 

At this sight it was as though knowledge of the world and existence poured into his head. It was the sky, the white being clouds, the sun being what had been so bright. Mortals would judge the weather good from this sky.

Sitting up his body didn't feel as stiff as he recalled, more fluid, more warm. The ground literally moving under his hands. Lifting his palm grains of sand tumbled through his fingers. Turning his head, his neck feeling like a loos pivot joint, he saw an extensive stretch of sand extending for miles, joining with the sea. And behind him lay a tropical forest.

All of these things, the landscape, the sky, he knew what all of them were. But when he started to think about himself he couldn't recall anything of the kind. He couldn't even answer simple questions, such as what he name was. All he knew was that he was a hedgehog, with what looked like rocket shoes that didn't function.

He felt as though he didn't know himself. Especially when he traced his hand over his muzzle and felt his lips. In fact the sensation of the air in his mouth, right down to his teeth and tongue felt alien. But why?

Why was he here? Why had he been so confused at first? Why didn't he know who he was? Why was the feeling of his body so odd to him? All these questions and he had no answers. But he knew he wouldn't find the desired answers in his mind, he would have to search else where.

So standing up, his legs felt soft underneath him, but he started to walk along the beach, and when he saw nothing some into view he instead headed into the forest. Unaware of how long he had been walking he knew the sun had changed position slightly. But his body confused him, his legs were sore, as were his shoulders, and an aching pain was gradually accumulating.

Eventually he found other mobians, along with many buildings, it looked like a village. But now he had found others, what now? As the strange hedgehog stood in the village he caught the attention of others, this was a village were every knew everyone else, but no one knew him. He looked odd and the children.

But then a commotion started and the villagers quickly forgot about the stranger as Eggman attacked the village yet again. And yet again the usual colourful Sonic team came on the scene. As the fight commenced the stranger watched, finding it oddly unsatisfying when the human lost. Thinking he had seen previous fights which were much more exhilarating.

Although, he felt as though he knew the heroes. A strong hatred boiling in his chest at the sight of the blur hedgehog. The fight quickly ended, which he had remained stationary through out.

"Are you okay sir!?"

Head snapping to the voice the stranger saw a yellow fox in a red dress coming up to him with an odd expression, an emotion he didn't recognise. He just stared at her blankly.

"You've got a cut on your arm from when those wooden crates were thrown in the fight, are you okay?" she continued to ask.

Glancing at his arm the foxes words proved true as he saw a gash on his upper arm, leaking blood. And for unknown reasons it spike a twinge of fear in him, as if that blood shouldn't be there. Unwillingly he winced at the sudden injury, this was pain, but he couldn't recall a last time he had felt such discomfort.