Silver x reader: Learning New Things

You are a (A/T)

It's never too late to learn something new.

The Tropical Zone, best known for being one of the biggest tourist attraction zones and it's hot gorgeous whether. It was the perfect place for a holiday goer to come and enjoy the sights. However in one of the tropical jungles not to far from town, a white hedgehog was far from enjoying the tourism attractions and the hot whether.

"I swear when I next see Sonic..." He mumbled to himself.

Glancing down at the map he couldn't even read he sluggishly navigated his way around as best as he could.

" 'Could you do me a favour?' He asked, ' yeah sure' I replied. 'Oh could you go to the Tropical Zone and find the Chaos Emerald there.' " he continued to mumble angrily.

Earlier that day Sonic had come to Silver calling for a 'favour' as he called it. Only this favour was Sonic asking Silver to travel to a zone he'd never gone to before and find a Chaos Emerald there with only a map to help. And considering Silver grew up in an apocalyptic future there weren't many maps about with the landscape always changing, so funnily enough he'd never learnt how to read one.

"Go to the Tropical Zone, he said. It's easy to navigate your way around, he said." Silver continued to curse.

At this moment in time he was considering abandoning the map and just flying around looking from the sky for the Emerald, but quickly realising that wouldn't be practical he kept stumbling around not knowing where he was going.

However as he kept looking around the jungle he couldn't help but feel he was being watched, with Iblis constantly about he'd developed this sixth sense. But he thought he was being paranoid and brushed it off.

But he was suddenly startled as something pulled him by the arm, dragging him backwards!

"What the!?"

Looking behind him confused he saw that a (F/C) (A/T) was the culprit, and she held a worried expression.

"Uh, hi Miss? What did you do that for?" He asks unsure on how to approach her.

She didn't say anything, she only timidly pointed towards the direction Silver had previously been headed. Following her finger he saw that he had completely missed a warning sign that read:

WARNING! QUICK SAND!

"Oh... Guess I missed that." He chuckled sheepishly.

The (A/T) just gave a small smile with a nod, before gesturing asking if she could look at his map.

"Yeah sure, you can look at it." He said handing it over.

She then turned it over the right way round and pointed at the mark on the map where the Chaos Emerald was supposed to be, and then pointed in the opposite direction back to town.

"Is that the direction I need to go?" He asked.

She nodded again handing him back his map, but Silver had to wonder why she hadn't said anything at all. 

"My names Silver by the way." He said extending a hand to her in attempt to get her to say at least something.

She took his hand timidly shaking it before making some intricate movements with her hands, which Silver was at a loss at to understand.

"Um I'm sorry but I don't know what that means." He apologised.

She gave a small sigh, as if in disappointment. But she then quickly kicked away a clear bit of dirt and wrote with her finger: