Sonic x reader: Love Letters

You are a (A/T).

'Being quiet doesn't mean I have nothing to say, it just means I don't think your ready to hear my thoughts'.

She sat at her desk alone, like always. And she was drawing, like always.

To the rest of this class this was normal, yet they didn't see her as normal. (Y/N) the (A/T) wasn't the average student to any of the others. She always sat alone and drew, read or ate or did her homework. Obsessed with fairy tales she didn't get the chance to have any interesting conversations with any of the other students, or in other words when she tried to have a conversation her dull voice and babble of children's tales either bored or freaked them out.

So she kept to herself and doodled away. It was a drawing of the Rapunzel the fox, and the girl thought to herself...

'Why did Rapunzel even want to leave her tower? I'd love to be somewhere alone with countless days to do whatever I wanted.'

*CRASH!*

An instant later (Y/N)'s drawing was covered by a blue hedgehog who had just literally landed on her table!

"Tease me again about Rouge and I'll send you through the wall!" Knuckles yelled angrily at Sonic.

"I was only joking Knux!" Sonic chuckled at his buds reaction.

But he felt something being pulled from under his leg and saw (Y/N) trying to retrieve her pad which he was sat on. Swiftly pulling it she immediately started to try and get the creases out of the paper.

"Oh, sorry about that." Sonic apologised hopping off the desk .

But she didn't say anything, all she did was bundle up her things hastily into her bag before running out the class room.

Knowing all too well how shy she was Sonic tried to run after her to apologise properly because he felt bad but...

"Sonic the Hedgehog! Detention!" the teacher yelled.

Meanwhile (Y/N) took refuge in the library knowing the teacher wouldn't mind as she always did the work. She was anything but a social butterfly and could barely squeak a word to anyone she wasn't happy around. Especially the celebrity of the school, the cool and confident Sonic. She'd heard the commotion in the classroom but decided to ignore it until Sonic crashed into her desk. She just hoped that she didn't act to weird.

~Later that night after school~

"See ya Knux!" Sonic called finally free from his after school detention.

His response was a gruff 'humph', not happy with his friend for landing him with an after school. Knowing Knuckles would be back to his usual less grumpy self tomorrow he dashed off in the opposite direction to the Echidna on his way home.

He lived in a rather modern block of flats, it would take most 20 minuets to walk there from the school. Which was the same amount of time as Sonic's detention seeming though the teacher let them out early.

Naturally he slowed his dashing pace to a usual walk coming up to the entrance of the building, the ground floor being all the flats post boxes and stairs and elevators to the other floors. But Sonic stopped short at the glass door seeing a figure checking their post box, it was (Y/N).

About to take the chance to apologise he froze as he saw the girl close her post box giving a large sigh, but the last thing he expected was for her to start crying silently.

Why was she crying?

That's what he wanted to up and ask her however he stalled for a few seconds too long and she had already disappeared up the lift and up to her apartment.