Phase 13: The Phantom Stalker

Gate Guardians can distinguish another Gate Guardian from a normal human by making an eye contact. Gate Guardians have cross sigil on the center of their eyes, while normal people don't. Another thing to distinguish them is that they have superior boost on their strength, agility and intelligence. I admit, I became much of a critical thinker lately. I can now solve math problems orally.

[Residential Area Block 2 - Heightsburg City]

[4:12 PM]

When we are already in front of Erylle's bungalow, we parted ways. For the meantime. She'll be executing the whatever-the-plan in her head. I've been walking for minutes, but there's no sign of any actions from Erylle. My ability is about to run out too. Maybe it's just a matter of seconds to have my ocular ability disabled.

"Kya!"

It was Erylle's voice! I rushed towards the creepiest alley nearby but no one's there. So I decided to turn my back. The hooded guy stood in front of me, holding a red halberd.

"Got you!" Erylle shouted. She was behind the stalker.

I smiled. Erylle's plan worked perfectly. She staged her shouting and I made my part on running into a dark alley. On that way, the stalker will be confused of what is happening, and she will follow me recklessly. He will run, of course, since he'll going to lose me if he won't. There are only two ways in the alley so we got him cornered.

The stalker seemed to be shaky, and he bit his lips. He then rushed towards me with a blinding speed.

"Yohan!"

"Gwuha-!!!"

Ouch! The stalker stepped on my face and started to jump on the walls until he reached the top of the building like a ninja. I fell on the ground, losing my balance.

"Are you okay?" Erylle lent her hand.

"I'm fine. She's escaping!"

"I'm going to jump too. Hang on to me."

"Eh?"

I held her shoulders softly. I can't bear it. Now I'm holding my dream girl's shoulders!

"Tighter! You're going to fall if you're like that!" Erylle yelled.

I tightened my grip. But she then scolded me again.

"You're a moron, geez!"

She pushed my arms further until I'm on the act of hugging her from behind. My forehead is even sticking on her long blonde hair.

"Let's go!"

As she said those words, she immediately jumped so high that she reached the roof of the building. Then she asked me to use my eyes again. I did what she wanted and pointed in the north direction. She started to run so fast and jump from roof to roof like a bunny.

I had my sweetest ride. It's lavender- The perfume of her silky smooth hair. I'm embracing her like there's no tomorrow. If this is a dream, I insist to wake up. I will even request for a coma.

It's a time's up for my ocular ability. I can't use it anymore. I'll just close my eyes and embrace this feeling. But then-

"I got you!"

Erylle swiftly made a flying kick that hit the stalker's back. Bad news, Erylle lost her balance and we fell down into another alley full of trash together with the falling stalker. I immediately felt the pain of falling in my back.

"Owowowow!"

"You okay?" Erylle asked again.

"Yeah, I think I didn't break any rib or my spine...Hey, the stalker's fleeing!" I pointed to the left of my direction.

"Okay, I'll catch him for you. Thanks for taking the impact for falling!~" She smiled and ran away.

I really did take the impact of us falling. I took all the damage and she ended up fine. That's a good thing actually. At least I'm able to protect her like that. Darn it! I smell like rotten kitten. I don't deserve to have this smell on my first date to my dream girl right?

<>

It was already dark when I happened to see Erylle again. She's holding the robe that's used by the stalker.

"No luck, eh?"

"Actually, I saw her face~"

I jumped with joy "You saw!? Who-"

"Not telling~" She waved her hand at me. "I can't tell you right now."

"Darn it, you're cheating me."

"I was quite shocked when I saw her face~"

"Her? It's a woman?!" I started to make a high tone.

"That's your only clue. I will not give you the details~"

Seriously, I can't think about anyone who would stalk me right now.

While thinking, I escorted Erylle back to her bungalow. There were some boy and girl shouting inside the house, but I'm certain that it's not that a problem. Not for me. She's been dealing with those to morons for half a year, since she founded the Blazing Heart.

She then waved goodbye at me with a happy face. Then she rushed inside. I continued to walk alone on the dark streets. I had a deep thought.

It was such a day. Such an achievement! I dated Erylle for the first time! I almost got rejected though. Or not? I didn't confess at the end of the day because I always chicken out. I fear of being rejected.

Brrr!

It was my phone, vibrating on my pocket. It has a text message on it. From Erylle. "Thanks for today, I got a wonderful day! = )" Yeah, there's a smiley. That made me smile. Things are getting better huh?

When I finally got myself on the dormitory, I immediately rushed into my room and laid myself in my bed. Sigh. It was a long day for me. It's more tiring than hunting Eidolons in Transfield.

Suddenly, I remembered the hooded stalker. She's someone who knows me and Erylle. Why wouldn't Erylle tell me? There is a possibility that the hooded stalker is a Guardian. Nobody can jump and run fast like that unless you're using your Quintessence. Never mind that, I'll leave that to Erylle. It's not that a big deal anyway.