Phase 86: Deadline

Phase 86: Deadline

[Romanov Guest House – Mirose Grande City]

[5:34 PM]

"Huh? You did? Who? Where did you meet? Why did you not tell me earlier?" I asked out of curiosity.

"It was Zion."

"HUUUUUUUH!!!???" I and Erylle exclaimed. Wait, Erylle!? Is she with me the whole time!? Darn this stalker-eavesdropper rascal!

"Can you tell us how you accepted his feelings!?" Erylle's eyes sparkled in curiosity.

<><><><><>

When I and Erylle was in Mirose Grande searching for Void Wolf, Mia, Heushac, Asumi and Zion were the only one left in Haven. Heushac is a warfreak so he hunted Eidolons every day, and Mia, who is a temporary Legion Master did all the paper works, researches and appointments with the Black Cross Legion.

Erylle's absence in the haven gave a dilemma, since she was the best cook of the Haven. Mia can cook, but she was rather busy. The only ones who have free time to prepare meals is Asumi. But every time she tries to cook, the food ends up burnt...or worse, ashes. This time, Zion came into play.

Zion became their main cook for the meantime. Asumi would help him slice vegetables and meat. There was a time when Asumi accidentally wounded her hand with a knife. Good thing Zion is there to the rescue to give her first aid.

The awkward atmosphere between the two disappeared in just a matter of days.

Then, a letter came from the Black Cross Legion. They informed the four that the Dark Legion is on Mirose Grande City at that time. Having no choice, Zion decided to go to Mirose Grande to inform this urgent news to Erylle.

Before Zion left the Haven, he realized that he might be intercepted by the Cursed Guardians and die in the process. So Zion, regaining his courage, confessed to Asumi again.

"Asumi! I might not be able to come back, but I'm going to tell you the truth right now!" Zion closed his eyes and gathered all his willpower. "I still love you! My feelings for you will never change, even if you reject me a millionth time!!!"

"Okay, I got it!" Asumi replied with a smile.

<><><><><>

"So that's it~" Asumi smiled.

"Have you started going out already?" Erylle asked in a disappointed tone.

"Hmm? Not yet. We never had. Is that really necessary?"

"Uuugh..." Erylle scratched her cheeks with a blank expression. "Technically he's not your boyfriend yet... I think your answer at that time is more of a rejection than acceptance of his feelings."

"That can't be helped." I said. Actually I'm more embarrassed than Asumi at this point. "Asumi is an idiot, so she should learn from someone with experience first."

"Hey!" Asumi yelled.

Maybe I'm quite wrong about Asumi being an idiot. She is not just your regular stupid. She is an advanced stupid.

<>

We decided not to involve ourselves with Zion and Asumi anymore since both Skye and me thinks that Erylle will just make it worse. We don't need to improve their relationship at all. They can work it out on their own. But for safety purposes, Erylle lectured Asumi about dating for the rest of the day.

<>

We are now on the shore, now waiting for the fireworks display once the year ends. The fireworks display will be commencing on the stadium on the other side of the shore so our place is the best for viewing those sparkles in the night sky.

Eeeeeeeeng! The first missile launched in the air. Then it burst out and sparkled to ten different colors. Then it was followed by another rocket. Then another. Soon the skies are so bright with sparkles.

It's really good to relax at year end at peace. We achieved almost everything impossible in this short amount of time.

So many things happened this year.

This is the year where my powers as a Gate Guardian has awakened.

I was saved by my ultimate crush and joined the battle against the Eidolons.

I saved her multiple times, and she saved me a hundred more.

We discovered that I am the vessel of a Heavenly Blade, and chose her as a wielder.

We defeated Benedict and his Dark Legion.

We went back in time to save my best friend.

I defeated the King Eidolon, Aeternos.

I won the heart of my love.

This is really the best year end of my life.

We had our lives full of obstacles, tailspins, adventures and laughters this year. And somehow, we managed to end up just fine. Everything was fine. This is the best year end of all.

<>

Suddenly, I noticed that Erylle is wiping her eyes. She must be crying because of the beautifulness of the fireworks.

Somehow, I felt that something is strange about her.

She smiled when she noticed that I was staring at her. I smiled back.

But then...When she removed her arms covering her eyes...I saw it.

Red eyes. Triangle shaped sigil.

"E-Erylle!!!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, I know~" She made an oblivious fake smile. Her eyes are fully drenched with tears. "Looks like I'm meeting my deadline."