Phase 70: My New Tutor!

[Kozukata Shrine – Heightsburg City]

[6:01 PM]

It was Atlas, wearing a kendo suit. He seemed to be practicing his swordsmanship from this afternoon.

I already made a habit of visiting the shrine after Atlas regained his heart. He seems to be lonely, so I purely did this out of goodwill. I pity him for losing her sister permanently.

The first thing Atlas would do when he sees my face is to apologize for giving us trouble, particularly when he stabbed me on my back. The pain and the scars are already gone, so I don't mind at all. Erylle also accepted his apology a long time ago, but he never seemed to understand why we already forgive his sins. It's not really his sins anyway; it's the Eidolon who made a contract with him.

<>

According to Atlas, a Guardian becomes cursed whenever an Eidolon baptizes him/her. In this process, the Eidolon will take the form of the Guardian and will fill evil energy on their hearts, resulting into a twisted sense of justice. The <Eidolon Mode> is the truest form of the Eidolon who corrupted the Guardian's heart.

The Eidolon will grant an enhancement of all abilities of the Guardian, just like Benedict's ability having no known limits. In addition, <Eidolon Mode> will massively increase the power of the Guardian and the Eidolon, resulting a Level 4.

All Level 4 Eidolons are a product of <Eidolon Mode>, which means that the Aeternos itself is a Cursed Guardian. Atlas said that the Aeternos is a Rogue Cursed Guardian, which means he is not with the Dark Legion. That is why Benedict wanted to copy all its powers.

Moreover, Benedict is not capable of using <Eidolon Mode>. This is because the power of Cataclysor overlaps the power of the Eidolon. But even so, having a Heavenly Blade is more powerful than having an ability to change into an Eidolon.

Two years ago, Atlas made a contract to an Eidolon when he and Asumi was cornered. He offered the Eidolon to spare Asumi in exchange for his soul, which the Eidolon happily accepted. The other details are so confidential that he didn't bother to tell me.

<>

Atlas is one of those shy-and-quiet type, quite different from his sister which is airhead-and-loner type, though I can sense that this guy is a loner too. I often watch him practice his swordplay for the past days. But there is a bigger reason why I'm watching him.

"Would you like me to teach you a spell?"

Darn, he red my mind. "H-Huh?... U-Ummm... I want to learn, but it's just that..."

"Asumi and Erylle didn't want you to fight?"

... I'm completely speechless.

"I'll teach you, but make sure that it will be our little secret."

"R-Really!?" I jumped with joy. But somehow, it made me curious. "But why?"

"Let's just say that I can feel what you're feeling right now. Besides, we're both Asumi's older brother and Erylle's lover... Though I'm just a fake boyfriend of Erylle... haha!"

You wanted Zion, I know it. Sadly, you killed his gay best friend. Yeah, everyone's gay.

Atla cleared his voice and started to talk seriously. "I'll teach you how to enchant."

He held his necklace, which is a Weapon Gem. It reshaped itself into a sword. Then he focused his energy on the sword, giving it a red glowing effect. After a second, it became blazing with fire. My eyes sparkled, which is filled with amazement.

"You looked surprised, even though you already made one yourself."

"Y-Yeah, but it was an accident. And I burned my right arm." I lifted my arm, which is still covered with bandages. "I don't have any idea on how to do it again."

"So I'm going to train you on how to control it. And also I will teach you how to enchant not just your fists, but your shield. But there is one condition."

"W-What is it?"

"Don't use this trick unless you are cornered and forced to fight."

"R-Roger!" I shouted in excitement.

<>

"I know what you're planning!"

Erylle shouted when we're finally on our haven. Darn! I forgot that she can read my mind!? Wait, is she always spending those Quintessence everyday on me!?

"I-It's just for emergency situations!"

"I already taught you three Counter Series Spells, and you still need a <Flame Enchant> spell!? Am I not good enough for you!?"

"H-He's just going to teach me! I promise!"

Wait, why am I acting like a two timer!? Is Erylle jealous!? Does Atlas like me too? I'm not interested in dudes, darn it!

"Are you really sure!?" She pressed her face to mine.

"Y-Yes!"

"Really really really sure!?"

"Y-Yes ma'am!"

Erylle pulled out her face and sighed, crossing her arms below her large bosoms. "It's not like I didn't trust my best friend into stealing my boyfriend. Okay, permission granted~"

As I said, I'm not interested in dudes, darn it! But it's good that she finally agreed. But I know I should never fight in the front lines. This is just solely for self-defense. I should mark that on my mind.

"Hey, brother Yohan! You're going to train with Atlas!? Count me in!" Heushac excitedly asked in front of me. "I need to learn magic!"

"You're strong already!" I protested. "And Mia can teach you spells!"

"I'm not yet that strong, I need to train my mind too! And also, I can't really understand what that bedwet girl is trying to say whenever she sermons me or anything. She really is a nerd..."

There was a flying pillow that rushed through Heushac's face. He was caught off-guard, so he was surprised. It came from Mia, who is now angry as hell.

"Who are you calling bedwet girl, you pigshit!"

"Hey, you're really crossing the line now, flatboard!"

"D-D-D-Darn you Heushac Efilion! You want me to show you magic? I'll kill you with magic! C'MON!!!"

The two materialized their weapons and started ruining the house. This is a normal day, really. I would be surprised if they didn't quarrel in a day. Meanwhile, Skye is just in the sofa, drinking some green tea, not giving a crap about the flying appliances that flew all around the place.

"STOP IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!" Erylle shouted. And she deployed Reginleif!

The two kid's eyes widened in scare, as they slowly went to the corner, begging their life.

Well I guess it wouldn't hurt if I bring Heushac with me in our training. If he's still alive after Erylle's beating, that is.