Phase 61: Black Sword Dance

[Transfield]

[2:34 PM]

"<Caliburn Sting>!!!"

The shelf of the books exploded as it caught the body of the fully-exhausted blonde Holy Knight. Pieces of wood, papers, and book covers flew in the air together with the smoke. The scythe the blonde man was holding was completely shattered to pieces when it fell to the ground. This time, he's no longer conscious after taking the shining rapier of the Noble Progenitor, Felix Hornback.

"We're finished here." Felix said to me. "We should go and help Erylle out."

I nodded in agreement and we both exited the office at the same time. There are two Black Cross Guardians among us who are wielding a bow and a halberd. We pretty much hold this situation.

Or I'm wrong.

In front of Erylle, is a black haired man with red eyes. He is holding two black swords and he's wearing a black cloak. This person rings my bell like I've known him for long.

"Atlas!"

There are more of them. Thirty of them. They all have the same cold expression, same red eyes. Same Cursed Guardians. Their faces are familiar to me, even if I only met them once in the beach volleyball event.

Felix clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. There is no word to describe his anger right now. His eyes, full of hatred against the black swordsman is now surging with flames.

"I'll kill you, Atlas Kozukata!" Felix shouted as he dashed forward, breaking the sound barrier. His rapier glow a golden light and shouted at full force. "<Repeated Caliburn Sting!>"

His rapier multiplied, giving infinite afterimages after beating the swiftness of light. Each of it made golden bright explosions upon contact with the black swordsman's body, and a deafening noise engulfed our ears to the limit. There is no way we can stop him right now, even though we should.

Our top and current priority is to take or destroy the Heavenly Blade that can control dimensions, but doing it seems to be far from easy. Arslan is being guarded by the Cursed Guardians, who are formerly Eaglehorn Guardians. Erylle is busy in taking them down in a swing of her sword, but she's fully aware that she shouldn't take their lives.

"Haaa..." Felix exhaled after exhausting his energy as he looked through the massive smoke his attack created. There's no sign of Atlas at the moment, but we're pretty sure that it made much effect. Atlas surely took the attacks head on.

<>

"We're here!" Heushac shouted as he held his breaks in running. Along him were Mia, Asumi and Zion who are fully geared with their Weapon Gems ready. "What's our current plan?"

I'm thankful that they're here on time, but having Asumi here is troublesome. He might see her brother Atlas fighting against us. I need to move her focus away from that black swordsman.

"Hey, what's our current plan!?" Heushac repeated, now clearer and louder. It seems like I'm not paying attention.

"O-Oh, yes. We should help Erylle destroy the Heavenly Blade before it summons more Cursed Guardians!"

They all nodded in unison, and dashed forward to clear Erylle's path.

It looks like the Kurahashi is making a pulse per minute. Every pulse is opening a Gate, summoning ten to fifteen Cursed Guardians. So far, I haven't seen Benedict being summoned. So far, there are minor injuries for some Black Cross Guardians. I should help them too.