Phase 40: Confession

[Grove of Beginnings]

[9:00 PM]

"W-What was that for?" I cried.

"It's you prize for your training! It's Sunday, right? I promised that I will give you something that I won't be able to give to anyone else~"

"I-It's still Saturday!"

"E-Eeeeh!?" Her face blushed red as a tomato and her eyes widened.

She immediately released all she was holding on my body and made a step back. I did the same thing in surprise. I turned my back, evading myself to see that naked body of hers. There was a long awkward silence.

"U-Ummm..." Erylle nervously cried.

"W-What is it?"

"Y-You can l-look...It's p-part of your prize..."

"I-I can't!" I screamed.

"Oh, you're not taking the bait, eh?" She changed her nervous tone to a flirty one. I don't know if she have this moodswings or she's playing my emotions!

It's hard to psychologically win this "Flirtation Battle" if she can read my mind. She's a cheater! I know she's testing my manly instincts. If she is not that strong, I would ravish her right now but no!

"Hey, what are you thinking right now?" Erylle's serious tone emerged.

"I-I-I...My brain slipped..." I cried. "I'm sorry!"

Then Erylle chuckled like a princess again. I got curious so I turned to her and stared at her eyes. She then noticed me, but instead of punishing me, she grabbed my hand and put it into her chest. Her other hand embraced my cheeks which is tomato red until now.

"There, there~" She smiled. "You're cute and handsome once you smile~"

"Y-You think so?"

"Yep~"

Then she bowed, letting go of my cheeks but now touching my chest. If this continues, I'm gonna get a...manly instinct. There's no doubt that she's seducing me right now, and I'm about to give in.

"I've been working for you to smile...Every time I try to flirt at you, you will always reply with a smile and a red face~"

My heartbeat quadrupled as the balls of light go upward in the night skies. There was a strong gust of wind that made her hair dance. I see. So her hair regenerated. There is no more burnt hair on her back. It became back to normal, having hair splits and knee-long again.

For a moment, I forgot that I was a good-for-nothing loser. All the cowardice in my heart vanished as I opened my lips.

"E-Erylle!"

I can't fight this feeling anymore. I immediately grabbed both of her hands gently and pushed my face closer.

"E-Eh!?"

"You're really kind and beautiful. Every day, I think about you, and I dream about you. It's been months that you've been close to me, but...I want to know you better! I will not leave your side as I promised! I will make you happy, and you will never have to make fake smiles to people again!"

Gathering all the courage in my heart, I inhaled deeply. I stared at her sparkling green eyes as affectionate as I can. Then I released everything I've kept for more than two years.

"I love you!"