Phase 65: Asumi's Tears

[Transfield]

[7:11 PM]

Benedict is lying on the circle crater. His body is full of black blood. His armor is no more. He is naked on the upper part, with well-developed body having bulky six-pack abs and crazy hard biceps. His hand: his right is no more. It never fell off. It just dissolved once the Reginleif made its strike. He can't move a finger. He's completely paralyzed. We even doubt that he can use his Eidolon Mode right now. His blue and red eyes are just staring on the ceiling of the hall, emotionless.

Erylle is exhausted too. Just before she hit the ground, I immediately caught and carried her, princess style. She then weakly hugged my neck.

"Is it over?"

Serg and Verdun finally stood up, thanks to the healers of the Black Cross. Their injuries are less than an issue now. They looked down at the crater where Benedict was pinned. Both of them are really amazed with our attack.

"It's not yet over. There's still a Black Swordsman to deal with."

<>

"Everyone, fall back!" Mia shouted with her full force.

Amanda Cryst higened her staff, and the ice coliseum melted into water in an instant. At that time, all the melee warriors such as Heushac withdrew from the raging demon swordsman. Wounds are definitely a sight on the Eidolon's body. Scratches, bruises and slices. Its left red eye is now unable to see because of an axe which is stuck on it.

The spellcaster-type Guardians raised their wands, staves and even hands as they released a binding spell. Some are like Mia's plant tentacles, some are chains, and others are spiderwebs. It all wrapped Atlas' body like a fish, unable to struggle under its net.

Grrraaaaa!

Even his shout is a lot weaker than before.

"We will now finish this!" The nun shouted. "<Neptunia Collision>!!!"

The ceiling was shattered instantly like glass. But it's not the sky that is visible...It's a large crystalized meteor! I-It's so huge that all of us Guardians will look like ants below it! It's good that the Black Cross is at our side, or else we should be dead right now.

The gigantic ice meteorite squashed through the demon's body. The meteorite, upon impact, became freezing smoke that froze the ground.

After the smoke faded, a lone figure emerged in the center. It was the black swordsman.

Amanda clicked her tongue. "He's a tough enemy, I'll give him that. He just survived my most powerful spell."

All of the Guardians readied their weapons for their next assault. But something is up on Atlas. He's wounded and completely depleted his energy yet he's still standing. There's no more sense of hostility on his aura.

He fell down on his knees, using his sword as a support. Meanwhile, the Guardians slowly circled him. Most of them are already channeling their weapons to create an attack spell.

There was a blinding dash in the field, passing through the Guardians, making up and standing in front of the black swordsman. It was Asumi. She had her arms sideways, provoking that all attack should get through her before it hits her brother.

"Asumi Kozukata. Get away from that monster." Amanda said.

"My brother is not a monster! He's just not on himself because he was cursed!"

"We all know that. But do you have an idea how many people was killed by that man?"

"I-I know!" Asumi started crying. "B-But... I can't just let you kill my brother!"

"Step aside, or you'll be treated as a traitor too!" Amanda's voice was now fierce.

Asumi never did it. Her cheeks were now being flooded by tears as she closed her eyes.

"Yohan..." Erylle whispered to me. "Give me a little of your Light Energy. I would like to try something."

I held her hand tight, and it glowed blue. I just gave her three-fourths of my energy. But I don't have any idea on what she's planning to do. The only thing I know... is that she's going to save everyone.

Everything happened so fast. As soon as I released my hand out of Erylle's grasps, she immediately disappeared.

She's...right there next to Asumi! W-What is she going to do? Are we going to side with her?

"Asumi... Step aside." Erylle said.

"M-Miss Fontaine..."

"Trust me."

Asumi slowly walked back. Everyone watched the sylph on what she's planning to do. But then...Everyone was surprised when she unsheathed Reginleif from her heart. She raised it and stabbed the white sword at the back of Atlas' chest.

"B-Brother!" Asumi cried.

A white light emerged from the body of the black swordsman. It seems like its gathering light, like my Light Charge ability. It took three seconds until the dazzling light fade out. Then Atlas completely collapsed on the floor.