Phase 33: Mirose Grande Hunt

[Romanov Residence – Mirose Grande City]

[8:53 AM]

My father made a deep, throaty, genuine laugh like that sound a dog makes before it throws up. My suspiciousness against my father rose for about a hundred percent.

"Void Wolf has a thinner figure than your father." Erylle jumped in. She was already dressed up casually. "Mister Romanov, may I borrow your son for a moment?...Please..."

"Eidolon, right? Okay."

Erylle immediately grabbed me downstairs until we reached our garage. She gave me a red spare helmet attached on her badass motorcycle. Then she wore her black helmet and started the engine.

"Come in!"

I stood there, motionless, and my head was greatly troubled.

"You idiot, let's go!"

"How come that my father-"

"We don't have time to waste! There's a Level 2 Eidolon on the south side of the city, around half a kilometer from here!" She cried irritatingly.

"O-Okay!"

I jumped on her motorcycle and I secured a handle. I didn't grab anything on her body, but the back seat. I had enough. She's my dream girl but I don't want to touch her anymore. Not today. I have a sense of respect for girls. Don't compare me to Zion.

When we left the house with the burning wheels of the motorcycle, Erylle started another conversation.

"Zion will be joining our Legion."

"Wh-Whaaaat!?"

"He needs us. Is there a problem with that?"

"N-No...I'm just thinking of him a while ago."

"Oh, fantasizing huh~?"

"Shut up!" I cried. "...It's just that his heart will be full of revenge against the Cursed Guardians...I hate to think of it, but there's a chance that he will become a villain himself."

She slowly nodded and started to accelerate much faster. Then Erylle changed the topic.

"By the way, you should avoid contact with any other Guardian at all times...There's a spy that attended on the summit, and I bet he can also cast the <Heartstopper Curse>."

"Roger."

<Heartstopper Curse> is one of the most dreadful spell to have. Once you know this, all you need is to touch your target. Then the target's heart will stop, and die immediately. It's a one-touch-one-kill spell. It doesn't matter if you're a Cursed Guardian or not; any high-ranked Gate Guardian can learn how to cast that one.

There are benefits of being a Cursed Guardian, Erylle told me. One is that you can use as many Quintessence as you want in a day, contradicting to a normal Guardian. But being a Cursed Guardian also means that you will have a screwed-up sense of justice. Right things will be wrong for your eyes, and wrong things will be right.

For now, there is no known cure to convert Cursed Guardians into normal again.

We stopped on an abandoned wooden shrine on the foot of the Mirose Mountain Range, which is covered by pine trees and sea of grasses. It was very old; probably it lasted for a thousand years. It's my first time seeing this place so we had a little stroll around. After that, I jumped out the motorcycle and walked into the entrance.

This place is too silent to be creepy.

I knocked on the wooden front door, but there's no return. Erylle suddenly removed her helmet and walked sleazily into my position.

"Wai-"

"Hyaaaa!"

She kicked the door immediately. The silence was broken by the wooden chunks falling into the wooden ground.

"You sure know how to make an entrance." I forced a smile.

"I'm sorry~" She made an oblivious smile. "There's a Level 2 Eidolon here. It's far more important to find in easily than preserving this haunted house."

I guess she's right.

She swiped her fingers in the thin air, and a ring of light materialized and made a blinding light.