Phase 42: Weapon Gems for Me!

[Romanov Residence – Mirose Grande City]

[7:03 AM]

The next day, Neo arrived into our house seven in the morning. He's carrying a silver metal case. Zion and I went to welcome him and we entered on the living room of my house. I just realized that the more my house is ruined, the more the visitors. Well, the renovation is almost complete so my father will not need my help anymore.

Then Erylle appeared out of nowhere, wiping her eyes. She barely got any sleep again. For all I know, we went to bed at the very same time but she's somewhat disturbed last night since she kept moving and moving on her bed. I don't know.

Neo put his briefcase into the glass table on our living room and opened it.

"Wow!"

There were three cylinders in a shape of a can in various colors; red, blue, and green.

"I-Is that Plasma Weapon Gems?" Zion exclaimed.

"Bingo! I saw that Yoh doesn't have any weapons yet so I'll let him choose one. The blue gem contains a Plasma Sword. The red gem contains a Plasma Shield. Last but not the least; the green gem contains a Plasma Hand Drill... This will be my parting gift to my best friend, since you'll be going this day..."

Choosing a sword will make me lame. I don't know how to use that one, and Heushac is already using a sword. I'm up to something new. The shield is not even included in my option; it's not even considered a weapon for me. The hand drill is good for my ears, so...

"I'll pick the Plasma Shield!" Erylle jumped in.

"W-Wai-What?!"

Erylle immediately grabbed the red-gem and dropped it on my hand, staring at me affectionately.

"You're hands are not meant to be stained by blood...It's meant to protect people...I choose this so that you can protect me..."

I blushed wordlessly. She used her charm on me once again.

"...And so you can stop using your own body as a shield again!"

That last sentence totally ruined it.

"Are you sure about it?" Neo asked.

"Yes!" Erylle answered.

Damn you for answering the questions that's meant for me to decide!

"You can materialize your weapon by exerting your type of energy there."

I raised my right hand holding the gem up in the skies. It suddenly glowed with red, and a diamond-shaped red shield that looked like a glass kite materialized into my right arms. It's surprisingly light like a feather.

"Why haven't you given a Weapon Gem to Yohan yet?" Neo asked to Erylle. "Is it compulsory to a Legion Master to give a Weapon Gem to the one she baptized?"

"I-I...I don't really have a budget...Hehehe" Erylle nervously scratched her cheeks. "I'm really planning to buy something for Yohan, b-but... He's a support... and I don't want him to fight..."

<>

"Erylle..."

My father came out of nowhere. He's been watching us for the whole time. He is smiling, holding a white gem on his left hand, and a green book on his right.

"Take this with you."

He gave the white gem and the book to Erylle which she happily accepted. She smiled gracefully at my father. In exchange, my father petted Erylle on her head like an obedient dog.

"Take care. Be a good girl. Please watch for Yohan, he's so clumsy that he might get you in trouble."

"Yes sir!~"

"And you, Yohan. You know how to take care of yourself. Don't pee on the bed next time!"

I wordlessly replied. That's unfair! He's rude to me, and he's kind to Erylle! I'm feeling a little jealous!

"Is this a Weapon Gem?" Erylle asked to my giant father.

"Yes. An automatic wrist bow for you. It was once used by Yohan's Grandfather when he was a teenager like you. Yohan has no talent in using such weapon, so it's better if you're the one who will use it."

"Thank you, sir! And what's this book? It says <Reginleif> in the title, but all I can see in its pages are poems with deep words."

"It's a puzzle. You need to encrypt its message; it's one of the secrets of the Romanov Family."

"You should have given that to me!" I yelled.

"You're irresponsible enough to keep it! And I already gave you a more useful book!"

Ooookay, I should quit engaging any conversation with him right now. But then my father slowly walked into my direction and tapped my shoulder.

"That book will help you a lot. And also, don't tell your mother that I laid my hands on that book again!"

"By the way, Yoh..." Neo interrupted, scratching the back of his head. "Have you ever dreamt of a sword floating in the Grove of Beginnings?"

A sudden flash emerged on my head. The reason why the Grove of Beginnings is familiar to me is because I've already had a dream about it. Darn, why am I so slow at picking up things?!

"I did! ...Why? Will I have my Heavenly Blade this time?"

"Frankly speaking, no... There's no way that would happen."

Okay, Neo just broke my heart... So what's with that dream anyway?"

"It's finally time, huh?... Miss Fontaine, come with me. I want to talk to you about something..."

The two went outside the house silently. I think they're talking in the front gate. Neo forbid me to listen, and it's for my good. For the love of God, stop hiding secrets from me!

<>

It took them five whole minutes to finish their conversation. The two came back with a smile on their faces. I tried to ask them what's with my dream, but they didn't give me a serious answer. All Erylle said is that they will protect me at all cost.

We finally finished packing our things and decided to take a bus. Neo accompanied us to walk until we reached the bus terminal. Erylle have her own motorcycle. She accompanied us to the bus terminal until we got ourselves a ride.

When the next bus for Heightsburg City arrived, Erylle waved bye at us and drove away with full speed, racing with the wind.

"You sure you will not come with us?" I asked Neo.

"No, I should protect this city from Eidolons and from the Cursed Guardians. The Legion of Mirose Grande is pretty weak, anyway. You should focus more on breaking your losing streak."

"Oh, okay..."

"And also, good luck with your courtship! You got yourself a cool woman." Neo patted my shoulders when the bus started to go, and pushed me inside.

Yeah, whoever wins her heart will be lucky. You'll never see a woman around who is a model, a scholar, a badass motorcycle driver, a black-belter taekwondo student, a champion in archery, and a Gate Guardian. She even leads a Legion right now. She's pretty perfect compared to me, a good for nothing loser.

But I've seen her weakest side. She barely has some happiness in her life, despite all of her achievements. She'll just make a fake smile to show that she's happy. I don't need a <Heartsong> or any thought-hearing ability for that; I can see it in her eyes. If only she would accept my feelings, I will do everything to make her happy.

I doubt that it would be me she'll choose.