Phase 24: Aeternos; Briefing

[Black Cross Haven – Myrrh City]

[11:28 AM]

"Aeternos is the most powerful Eidolon as of this time. It is a Level 4 Eidolon, and can annihilate Guardians with just a simple attack. That is why we summoned all the twelve legions in the nearby cities. We need all your help.

It was spotted near the Myrrh City's boundaries in Transfield. We never took any action yet since it is too dangerous. The reason for this summit is to form a joint operation to investigate what the Aeternos's weaknesses are, and we will all have to attack at once.

We will have to pick the <Investigation Team> by Legion since you all have practiced teamwork. According to the Average Guardian Ratings of the Legion, we will pick only three. We will only pick the Legions who are formidable enough to survive in this mission.

The first Legion is...my legion, the Black Cross Legion...

Next will be the...Quarterhelm Legion, led by the Absolute Armor, Wiley Emiya.

And the last will be the Eaglehorn Legion, which is led by Noble Progenitor, Felix Hornback."

On the TV screen, it started to be funny when the Legion Masters discussed about the best plans to make an investigation and the all-out attack. All the Legion Masters are doing their part in the planning but...

Erylle is too busy playing the blue ribbon tied at the back of her head, and she never seemed to comprehend. She only had Mia do the reading about the papers. And Heushac is just watching them, not able to understand anything. He's really a muscle-head.

Seeing that, Asumi stared suspiciously at me. I covered my embarrassment with a fake laugh.

"Ha-ha...ha" I scratched my head.

"I'll tell Miss Fontaine that you love her..."

"No! Don't!!!"

"Oh, you're into Erylle, huh?" Out of the blue, Zion appeared at the back of my left shoulder! "I see you like women with big boobs! Way to go, Yohan!"

"N-No!" I cried awfully.

<>

When the briefing was over, only the three Legion Masters of the investigation team remained in the conference room. All other Legion Masters returned to their respective Legions. When Erylle and the others finally rejoined our group, I borrowed what Erylle is holding. It was documents about the Guardians participating in this summit.

Zion Apollonus. Seventeen years old, lives at Murknock City but studies in Heightsburg Campus. Gate Guardian for 2 years. He's a Class B Guardian in the Quarterhelm Legion that guards the Murknock City from Eidolons. Quarterhelm is just an average legion with fourteen members.

There are also documents about other legions, including Blazing Heart. I checked about Erylle, Heushac, Mia and Asumi, but there's nothing that I didn't know. Then my paper showed. I thought I don't have a ranking yet, but...

Yohan Romanov. Seventeen, from Mirose Grande City. Studies in Heightsburg Campus. Blazing Heart Legion, average Legion class. And I'm a Class...D Guardian. Great. So I'm really that useless. The gap is even far from my other comrades.

"The summit is almost finished. We will come back tomorrow to arrange the meetings." Erylle said to all of us.

I can't imagine Guardians having to hunt together. The only thing that enters my imagination is that we will look like characters from MMORPG games that will farm for a boss monster of some sort. It's really cool just by thinking of it.

Then a dazzling red light appeared out of nowhere. It just flashed for a second, and then everything became wrong.

<>

There was a huge commotion. The hall transformed into a thousand year old medieval manor. The surroundings became darker, and the sources of light are the red flames of the lamp that's attached to the cracking walls. It's not the Mansion I know anymore. Are we on Transfield? But I don't remember anyone projecting a gate.

The large TV screens flashed a video. It was a pale face of a man, with a long black hair. He was wearing a black knight's armor with black cape. What's more irregular about that man is that he has a glowing red eye on his left and blue eye on the right.

"I am Benedict Hamerov, the Master of the Dark Legion."

His tone is somewhat unexplainably creepy. He sounds like an old man with a deep voice. But even with just the voice and appearance, we already know that he is not part of the 12 Legions for this summit.

I can see it from my fellow Guardians. They are all surprised, and at the same time, angry and scared.

"Unfortunately, I need that Eidolon alive. I will have his god-like powers. That is why I don't want the 12 Legions to interfere with my plans."

The signal went off and the TV gave a static. The people started panicking.

"This is not good!..." Erylle said, and her tone is quite nervous. "Mia and Yohan, follow me! Asumi and Heu, guard the entrance of the meeting hall!"