Erylle's Log - Requiem of Hearts

Erylle's Log – Requiem of Hearts

[Transfield]

[2 Years Ago]

To change the future, we must destroy the one who is bound to create a doomsday. It was Benedict Hamerov. We formulated plans and battle strategy to defeat him in his current state. Tracking him down is close to impossible, but we finally succeeded on cornering him.

"Yeah, you cornered me." Benedict laughed while raising his arms.

We are currently on the grass plains in the Transfield. Everything is red because of the red sun that illuminates everything on our eyes. The grasses danced as the wind blew and shove to our face.

"I'm sorry. You are a Cursed Guardian, so I have to kill you. The future is not perfect if you're alive." Yohan said.

I raised my bow, aiming for Benedict. This guy...He has this tremendous overpowering aura. Besides, this giant dark knight man is really scary. I'm really terrified right now.

"Let's do this!" Yohan shouted, now materializing his plasma drill weapon.

He immediately surged to the dark knight. The dark knight didn't move an inch at all. Instead, he is going to take on the attack!

"<Helix Strike>!!!"

Boooom! It was such a loud impact. It took a couple of seconds to set off the smoke, but then we realized that Yohan's attack failed. The dark knight caught the drill with his bare hands. But I will not just watch!

"<Aero Twirl>!!!" I released the wind drill tornado from my stringless bow.

Yohan jumped back to prevent himself caugh by my spell. It was a direct hit again! But it never made any damage to Benedict at all. Jeez, how can we defeat a person who is invulnerable?

"I'll turn you back into a fetus!" Yohan shouted as he unleashed the Reginleif from his heart. "Hraaaaa!!!"

Benedict never moved an inch. But he just made a smirk. Wait, I know what he's thinking!

"Yohan, get back!" I cried as loud as I could.

"Huh?"

Pwoooosh! Blood splattered that made the grass fields wet. Wet by Yohan's blood.

His right arm, which was holding the Reginleif, fell to the ground.

We never knew that he has a Heavenly Blade too. The Cataclysor. A humongous dark blade surrounded by black balls of light. Benedict then grabbed Yohan's shoulders as he slowly inserted the Cataclysor to his left kidney.

"Aaargh..." Yohan puked out blood.

I was alerted, and this made my blood boil with anger. I immediately dashed forward, channeling my next spell. I have to rescue him! If I don't, he will die for sure!

"<Drill Kick>!!!"

I surged forward. My foot was now surrounded by spiraling waves of wind that formed like a drill. But...Catch. My foot was caught by his extraordinarily fast left hand. There is no way we can win this!

"Your skills are impressive." Benedict made a smirk. "It will be good to have you on my Legion."

He kicked off Yohan from being stuck with the Heavenly Blade of Destruction. Yohan fell to the ground lifelessly. He dematerialized his Cataclysor which was immediately converted to dark particles that dissolved in the atmosphere. Then, he immediately grabbed my head and raised my body upward.

There was a ball of darkness on his other hand, in a shape of a baseball. It is a Dark Quintessence. He immediately forced it on my chest...on my heart.

"U-UAAAAAH!!!" The agonizing pain consumed my heart and my soul.

"Take this curse, gifted one. You shall become a Cursed Guardian!"

Dark particles started gathering to my heart like a magnet. And the overwhelming pain... It's like my whole body is getting fried in hell!

"I won't let you!" It was Yohan's voice!

He has the Reginleif on his remaining hand. He made a thrust forward to the dark knight. It never made any damage to him at all, but the knockback was so great that Benedict accidentally freed me from his grasps.

After catching me from falling in the air, Yohan immediately stabbed the ground. A spherical force field surrounded us two that made us safe from that Cursed Guardian. Then everything on the surroundings...outside the force field...became pure white.

"I'm sorry, I don't have time left. Hehe." He forced a fake laugh. "I'm going to use the last ounce of my strength to get you back."

Yohan... Don't...You don't have to sacrifice yourself for me...

I wanted to speak, but my mind and lips are preventing me to do so. I'm suffering from the shock of being baptized as a Cursed Guardian. I can't move any part of my body at all. I'm just sitting still, unable to take of my eyes on him.

"I'm sorry... I only know one way to turn you back into a Gate Guardian." Yohan sighed. "And that is to repeat the timeline. I will have to reset you to your original state as a Gate Guardian...On your baptismal day...Six months before now...And also...I have to reset your memories too. You won't be able to remember me...but I know you wouldn't have to."

There were now tears running on Yohan's cheeks. He's about to cry, but he's trying not to. He is summoning all his courage left in his heart to stay strong in front of me even though he is in this pitiful state.

"I'm sorry...It might be so selfish of me to pass this responsibility to you...But you're now my...no, the universe's hope... I would like to guide you, but you see...I'm going to die any time by now. But I will have the Reginleif guide you..."

"Yohan!" My voice finally came out.

He just smiled. It's like he's saying "I'll be going now" in a silent manner.

"Wait, don't go!"

Everything whited out.

<>

When I woke up, I was already in a soft mattress. There is a little light coming from the windows, but it's still dark. It's like it's already dawn. There is a pretty cute face in front of me...It's Heffy. I looked at the pendulum clock she had in this room, realizing that I was right about the time.

I slowly stood up and got out of the house. Heffy's house. It was covered with pretty Christmas lights and ornaments. I nearly forgot...It's Christmas.

I tried walking around the road to get some fresh air. For some reason, my head hurts. My heart feels like it's burning for some time. I don't know why. And what's worse; I think I have this crazy long dream.

But I can't recall what that dream was. There is only one thing I remember for sure.

I have a job to make a bright future. For each and every one of us.

Because I am Erylle Fontaine, a Gate Guardian with a will of fire.

I am the blazing heart.