Phase 80: Everyone's Hope

[Transfield]

[7:01 PM]

The wind made a single swish on the dusts of this desolated land. Those sounds synchronized perfectly with my black burning fist landing to the crazy-man's face, who calls himself Aeternos. Both of us moved an inch. I don't know if my attack made any effect at him at all.

"I forgot. This boy can cast Void Spells, which can bend reality and transcend the laws of logic." The man said. "But Void Spells can't hurt me either."

Then he slapped my left cheek that made me fly for a second then fall to the ground. I immediately got up, wiping a tiny droplet of blood in my face with my hand, and started running to him again.

"Hrrraaaaa!"

Bam! His fist crashed to my face directly. I fell to the ground again helplessly. My nose is now bleeding, I guess. Maybe our power is not even close at all.

"Yohan!" Erylle worriedly shouted. There's a single tiny droplet of tears in her eyes.

But...I insisted that she should assist me. I made a thumbs-up to them. I can't let them fight without any of their abilities at this point. I'm the only one who has the ability to fight him right now. If I let them fight recklessly on my stead, they will be helplessly massacred by this crazy thug.

"Hyaaaa-" I coated both my fists with dark flames and attacked again, but he immediately grabbed my arm and threw me away.

"Enough already. You're not even able to fight." The crazy man said in a bored manner. "Just let me slaughter you all easily. I promise you'll suffer a little pain if you obey on my wishes."

I slowly stood up, and I was helped by Eaglehorn Healers. They helped me recover my disoriented face. But in front of me...is my Legion. Erylle, Heushac, Mia, Asumi, Zion, and Skye are standing in front of the light bringer. Are they trying to protect me? But they don't have any power at all! I need to man up!

I rushed again to Aeternos and prepared another blazing fist, but darn! I got hit first on the stomach!

"Ack!" I curled to the ground, trying to repel the pain in my stomach.

"What a useless weakling." Aeternos said.

"I know..." I mumbled.

"Huh?"

"I know I'm a weakling! You don't have to tell me in front of my face! I know it very much!" I yelled and summoned all my remaining energy to stand up again.

"Yohan..." Asumi's worried face was about to cry.

"It's okay. I know that I'm a loser for the past years I've been living. I'm a living nuisance to everyone dear to me. Who cares if I'm weak? Who cares if I can't beat you? Who cares if you kill me!?..."

All the Guardians hearing my voice was showered with a little bit of hope. I guess.

"The only thing that matters is I'm not a coward anymore! I'm going to fight you, right here and right now with all my heart and soul! Even if I'm weak! Even if my toes are shaking! I'm going to protect everyone here! I will be the hope of the Gate Guardians existing today!"

I gathered all my strength in my lungs and released it in one single sentence.

"I'M NOT A LOSER ANYMORE!!!"

...

...

...

There was silence for the past five seconds. But then, it was greatly shattered by a voice.

"You can do it Yoh! You're my best friend! Show him the power of the Void!" Neo said.

Then there was another cheer.

"Believe in yourself, Yohan! You're the person I trusted the most!" Erylle cheered with tears.

Then there was another.

"You saved me from death! You can certainly save everyone here!" Asumi cheered.

Then it was followed by a lot of other shouting voices.

"Do it Yohan!" , "Beat the crap out of him!" , "You're our only hope, Yohan!" , "Give him a taste of the power of the Blazing Heart!" , "Kill that idiot with one punch, Yohan!" , "You can do it Yohan!"

The cheers of the crowd...no, my friends. They are all shouting for my name. They are all putting me their trust on this fight. I'm the only one they can depend on in this hopeless situation. I'm not alone. I have the hearts of all the Gate Guardians inside of my chest. The Blazing Heart, The Eaglehorn, The Black Cross... all their faiths are betting on a person who is a loser before. They trust me as an ally. They trust me as a friend.

Friendship. Pretty cliché', but this is the source of my power right now. I now got the momentum!

I raised my right hand, and it glowed with black flames. It has the same volume as before, but I feel that I can now defeat him with this attack!

"Hrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!"

Bam! It perfectly landed on his chest. A direct hit!

But he didn't even move an inch. Is he going to collapse any time by now?

"I'm sick of hearing your loser-to-hero tale right now." Aeternos irritatingly said. "You're surprisingly weak for a hero."

Bam! I got punched on the stomach once more. Then I curled to repel the pain...again.

...

...

Nobody is saying anything right now. Their ultimate hero...I...have not enough power to defeat the King Eidolon. Everyone's motivation suddenly evaporated with the air. We're all back to being hopeless.

I thought I will have amazing powers once I got all the trust from my fellow Guardians, but I think cheering is not enough. Too much for watching animes.

"...Y-You idiot!" Neo shouted from afar. "Your Weapon Gem is made up of Void Energy! You can use that anytime! Don't you have enough brain cells to remember that!?"

Ack! Why didn't I think of that earlier!? If I can use my shield, I'm not in a handicap. All my attack spells are Void Spells, and my enchantment to a Void Plasma Shield will work against that crazy guy! I'm an idiot!

I immediately stood up and materialized my plasma shield. It's completely working without any defects. Meanwhile, Asumi and other of my fellow Blazing Heart performed a synchronized facepalm and said "We don't know that guy" in unison. I'm completely an idiot right now.

"Enough of this comedic nonsense!" Aeternos's voice is a sound of being pissed. "I'll kill you right away!"

He dashed forward, preparing his fist for a punch. His fists are coated with magma-like energy, but it will not work on me! I used my <Timelock> and prepared my shield to block his attack.

"<Mirror Counter>!!!"

His attack reflected to his own face. There was a slight knockback on his part, but he's completely unhurt. He was just shocked that I can use my Counter Series spells using my shield made up of Void Energy.

"Nice reflexes you got there." Aeternos made an amused grin. "Let's see if you can dodge these!"

He flew upward, like he's defying gravity itself. He has no wings right now. Nevermind. There was a miniature sun that has being created on his hands. It grew bigger and bigger like it was at the size of a giant globe!

"If I can't drag you to hell, I'll bring hell to you!!! <Galaxy Hellsphere>!!!"