Phase 82: An Impending Doom

[Transfield]

[8:23 PM]

The giant glowing ball of flame surged to my direction with a deafening roar. But I am all this prepared to that attack. I pointed the helix sword at the miniature sun. As soon as it collided with one another, the <Grand Helix Sword> drilled to the center of the giant ball of flame.

"...What!?"

The <Galaxy Hellflare>, the giant fireball was immediately absorbed by the DNA-shaped sword. I felt tremendous amount of energy flowing to my body. This is my first time using this helix sword spell in actual battle, and I never thought it has the ability to absorb energy!

I kicked the ground, making a twenty-meter jump to reach the flying demon. Gathering my burning spirit into a single shout, I slashed the demon's body with my giant helix sword.

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

CRASH!!! His body fell on the ground, leaving whirlpool-shaped sand as a point of impact. This is the first time I made an attack to him that actually bring him down. My sword made a lot of scratches and bruises to his body. His movements are now sluggish because of the sudden attack. He's now breathing heavily as he stood up again.

The <Grand Helix Sword> vaporized into thin air. It drained a lot of my energy, but I think it's worth it. I only have one use of that sword again in this fight. And it will be the finishing move I'll make. But how can I land a hit on him again? Same tricks won't work on him.

Screw thinking! I'll just charge straight! That madman is out of air right now, so the best course is to attack!

Swoosh! Bam! My burning fist landed to his cheek directly! It made him twirl to the air a few seconds but then he used his hand to maintain his position on the ground.

"<Ithaqua Frostbite>!!!"

He was again unable to dodge the sea of white smoke, so he got his body frozen again. Now, for my ultimate attack! I'll finish it with another blow!

"<Grand Helix Sword>!!! Hrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

<>

I opened my eyes. Emerald sparkling eyes was the first things I saw. An angel, with blonde hair and pinkish cheeks. My head was resting on her lap. She was smiling at me while gently patting my head. I realized that we're not in the Transfield anymore. The blue skies above us are the proof of that.

"I-Is it...over?" I asked Erylle.

"Mmmm~" She smiled again. "You did great, Yohan. You defeated Aeternos."

It really appears that I won. But I feel really tired. I can't even lift any finger. Maybe that last attack drained all of my energy.

I felt that we're in a middle of meadow. The breeze of wind here is really good. I would like to stay like this for a while. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the sensation for a moment.

<>

There it is again.

That horrific nightmare.

I always forgot everything about it whenever I wake up.

But now, it's much clearer. I can remember it now.

There was a shade with red eyes and malicious smile. He has this dark robe with golden ornaments with it. In its chest, is a portal to the other place. It might be the gates of hell itself. Countless chains came out from it and tried to wrap me up, but all the chains passed through me as though I am not existing in the very same dimension where this wicked creature is.

But the chains are not for me. It was for a woman, with blonde hair and red eyes. She was wearing a Valkyrie robe covered with feather ornaments and a white tiara with two wings. There is no mistaking it.

"Erylle-" I shouted. But I know that my brain is not passing the message to my mouth at all. I'm completely helpless.

Erylle got her arms, legs, waist, and neck bound with chains, and it slowly pulled her to the shade. Her hands are reaching to me, begging me to grab her back. I tried to reach her, but for some reason, the forces of gravity makes us repel from each other's hands. Our hands keep slipping and slipping.

Erylle shouted as she was being devoured by a dark dimensional portal on the body of the shade.

"P-Please...SAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"