Phase 88: The Cursed Heart II

[Mirose Grande City]

[1:06 PM]

I finally reached Shining Star Haven in a couple of minutes. I was too excited that I forgot to take a taxi cab and just proceeded to run like an idiot. I can't believe it.

Anyway, I'm already here. The haven is surprisingly silent, knowing that there should be twenty Guardians in this place at this hour. There is no one in the living room and the kitchen either. Then I proceeded to the basement where Erylle was kept safe.

When I was in the ladder, a blonde man was crawling upward. He immediately grabbed my feet with his blood-tainted hands. I immediately helped the man to stand on his own feet, but he couldn't. There is blood on his left stomach, and it appears that his right leg has been suffering from a fracture.

"S-She's..."

The man immediately passed out before he's able to finish his sentence. I checked his pulse, and he's still alive. Good grief. But... What is happening in this place? Is Erylle okay? I have to hurry!

When I arrived where the laser-grid cage were, I saw a bloody silhouette of a woman. She is holding a blood-tainted sword and equipped by a wristbow. Her long blonde hair waved as she slowly glanced to my direction.

Red eyes. And a triangle sigil on it. A symbol of a deity of sin. A Cursed Guardian.

"E-Erylle!" I gulped nervously. "W-What happened!?"

"I killed them all." Erylle smiled maliciously. Then she pointed out various corpses lying lifelessly on the background. "That woman...I turned her into a two-hundred-year-old woman. And this man...I turned him back into an embryo. And this... I just stabbed his heart."

"W-Why?" I asked her disappointedly. "Why do you have to do this?"

"Because all of them are nuisance to our love story." She smiled obliviously. "All I needed to be alive in this world is you and you alone. Our love is greater than them. It's even greater than time itself. You know that when you first saved me, I was madly in love with you~"

Erylle...She's gone nuts. The Eidolon must have taken control over her body and soul. The way she speaks about killing and lustful love is not like her at all. I have to reset her heart before she's able to kill another person!

"I already have the cure. I'll take you back home...So just...trust me..."

"You know that I can read your mind, right?" Erylle held her hips.

"S-So you know that I'm telling the truth, right?" I asked nervously.

There was a long silence. Sweat started dripping from my forehead, down to my cheeks.

"I never imagined that I will be able to handle this kind of power." She said.

Her body is slowly being covered by green light. Her clothes, they are slowly being converted bit by bit into a dark Valkyrie armor. Then there is a black winged tiara on her head. Her weapon is a black long bow. It really looks like her in Guardian Mode, except from the fact that all this energy is from darkness.

"With this power, I can open a Time Gate and save my parents...save my brother. I've been wanting to do this when we saved Asumi, but my conscience is saying that I shouldn't. Now that my 'good' counterpart is gone, I can finally commit any sin I want."

"T-This is not what you wanted!" I cried loud.

There's no way to convince her right now. I have to force her. I slowly held my chest and a golden hilt of sword appeared on it. I slowly pulled it when-

Swoosh! She was already in front of me! She raised her Reginleif before I'm able to draw the fake one in my chest. Everything was happening so fast, but I can view it in slow motion because of my <Timelock>. But I won't be able to do anything! She's able to move easily even though I have stopped time!

"I'm sorry; I have to do this to you. But please remember...That I will always love you."

She pushed the Reginleif to my chest. I can't feel the pain. I can't see the blood. It's like my heart wasn't been pierced by a white sword, yet it was there. But my breathing immediately stopped. My eyes widened, and my jaws hang up.

My eyelids...They're gonna close in a matter of seconds. I'm about to pass out, but I'm still able to...I'm still able to see Erylle, even though my vision is somewhat blurry... I memorized every detail of her face...before I blacked out.

"E-Erylle..."

"I love you, Yohan."

<>

So that was the meaning of my dream a few weeks ago.

Erylle being chained by a sinful entity, as she is being consumed by the darkness.

Red eyes...But I can still see how affectionate and innocent she is.

"Yohan, save me!"

I know I don't have any power...

"Yohan, save me!"

But I would like to have another chance...

To save her.

To get her back into my side.