Phase 17: A Room for Four

Heushac Efilion's Guardian Ability is <Ironwill>, which makes him more durable to attacks and less sensitive to pain. That makes him have the role of a Vanguard, the front liner of an Eidolon hunt. That's why every time he went home; we would see him with tattered clothes and dirty face, and the smell... Maybe that's why Mia called him "pigshit".

[Bus - On the way to Myrrh City]

[1:17 PM]

Heushac continued. "Also, don't be too close to her, she'll hear your thoughts once she use her Quintessence. You wouldn't notice that she's already using it."

"...Eh!!?"

If that is true, I am so screwed up. Most of the time, we spend an hour or two alone. I'm not planning on being rejected. Not now! That will be the worst situation. Besides, we are co-workers of some sort. Our teamwork as a Guardian might be affected. I might as well quit.

"But I think Erylle is okay with you." Heushac smiled.

That didn't raise my ego a bit. I just ignored him while looking at the window of the bus, wondering what would happen to me.

<>

I fell asleep and Heushac woke me up when we finally arrived on the bus terminal on Myrrh City. From the bus terminal, the four of us walked for about ten minutes and we stopped on a hotel before the sun went down.

We had a condo unit with two bed rooms and a big receiving and dining area that has a beautiful upper view at the beach. Pretty much a VIP reservation in a four star hotel. If you're thinking where we got the money, we don't. I just learned that all the Guardians are subsidized by the Black Cross Legion, the strongest and the Gate Guardian Mother Legion. Man, that legion is really rich.

We had a very good supper altogether. It's because we ate are first class dishes. I never tasted a lobster that good. Surprisingly, Heushac and Mia have a very large appetite that made them look like in an eating contest. Erylle just shamefully watched them and stopped to eat after a few spoonful of her meal.

She's on a diet, she told me. Well, it makes sense. She's a beautiful model in our school, and she must maintain her hourglass figure. Pretty tough to be a model, really.

As for me, even if I ate all these meal, I'll remain skinny.

After that, we had a videogame showdown until around ten. It was an anime-style fighting game. When we got bored, we tried first person shooters, until Mia and Heushac are the only ones enjoying it. I got seriously bored so I immediately went to my bed after that, even though they are still playing. I'm beat. I have a greater problem to think over.

What if Erylle already know?

"Hey~"

Speak of the devil. Did she hear what I just said in my mind? Damn it. How am I supposed to talk now? She didn't even knock, entering into my room!

"Hey... May I borrow your laptop?"

"F-For what?"

"I would like to watch some movies. I'm also tired of playing videogames..."

"Ummm...Any other plans for the night?"

"Like what?" Erylle pouted.

"Either stargaze, bathe, then sleep, or bathe, stargaze, then sleep."

"Are you going to give me the laptop or what?"

Now she sounds angry.

I grabbed the laptop and gave it to her, and then I lay back on my bed. I noticed that she didn't go to her room. Instead, she sat beside me and played the movie she's supposed to watch. It's been minutes and she seemed to enjoy herself watching.

"I wouldn't mind if you take that laptop and return it tomorrow."

She didn't seem to comprehend. She's too focused. I got curious and made a glimpse about the movie she's watching. Then, I got myself enjoying with it.

It was a love story of a rich boy and a secret agent woman. I guess she got it from the internet, because I don't have that one. We both didn't notice the time that we two are already sleepy.

It's already 11:30 when we we're interrupted by a yelling noise.

"Let's settle this on Transfield, pigshit!!!"

"Okay! I'll kill you for sure!!!"

Looks like those two are into it again. I don't understand why they are trying to kill each other; even they've been close for a year. As a result of those idiots quarrelling so loud, Erylle sluggishly stood up and opened the door with a smash, and then her inner demon came in.

"YOU BETTER STOP YELLLIIIIING!!!"

The two was there in front of the sofa, with their weapons drawn out and pointing at each other. Seeing Erylle in her demon form, the two wordlessly stood stiff like a stone statue, looking terrified with their eyes widened at the blonde demon. Then the two complained in unison.

"B-But you're the one yelling..."

"NO EXCUSES!"

I immediately closed the door, trying to evade seeing what would happen to those two. Erylle sure is strong, being their mediator, leader and babysitter at the same time.

Once again, my thought bothered me. What will happen if she already knows? She might be playing dumb and treating me as nice. I don't know. I'm too sleepy. But I can't sleep. It was because of Erylle's voice, lecturing those two again. It's so loud that it even made me terrified.

I scratched my head, confused. I noticed her phone on the table just beside my laptop. An evil thought came into my mind.

"Maybe there are some sexy pictures in her phone..."

As I grabbed the phone, I had a second thought. I respected her and she's very kind to me, so I shouldn't do this to her.

As soon as the door opened, I returned the phone to its original position. It was a close call.

"Those two are such a pain." Erylle held his forehead acting like she has a headache.

"W-Where are they now?"

"Sleeping. Gosh, I'm tired. I'm going to sleep too."

She went into the bed beside mine and laid her body carelessly into the soft bed.

"H-Hey, that's Heushac's-"

"He's already sleeping in my bed, so I'll go sleep here instead."

"W-What!?"

"Shut off the lights. We'll finish that movie tomorrow." She said.

I did what she wanted me to do. I shut the lights off. My nervousness became much worse. Here am I, sleeping with my dream woman in the very same room. Well I'll be nervous if we are sleeping in the very same bed, which wouldn't happen.

An awkward creepy silence is the only thing in this room until I went down on my bed and prepared to sleep.