Phase 44: The White Haired Ghost

[Blazing Heart Haven – Heightsburg City]

[3:12 AM]

"Horeyaaaaa!!!"

"H-Hey wait!"

Heushac snapped. The idiot immediately charged forward in his full speed, thrusting the poor girl standing in front of me. In return, I immediately shielded the girl, slipping in front of her. A loud metal noise echoed together with the thunder.

Clang!

"She's not a ghost, idiot!"

<>

"Who are you?~"

Erylle asked and she started to push her face forward, staring at the white haired girl while petting it like a dog. Here in the living room, where the lights are on, the four of us gathered in silence. Me, Erylle, Heushac, and Asumi. We kept the white haired girl sit on the sofa while having her body warm by a thick blanket. We even prepared a hot chocolate for her to drink.

The white haired girl continued to be silent, completely ignorant about Erylle's questions. She's pretty cute with a childlike face. Maybe she's a lot much younger than us.

She took a little sip of the hot chocolate on her cup, and then cuddled her own body. Her blue eyes seem cold somehow.

"That's okay~" Erylle smiled. "You should rest first, don't rush anything, okay?~"

Heushac wordlessly summoned Asumi and me into the kitchen by staring at us while Erylle cuddles with the doll-like girl. Erylle seems to be extremely attracted to cute things, and that seems to be a good thing. Heushac doesn't want her to hear his thoughts right now.

"You don't really trust that girl, right?" Heushac said.

"N-Not really, but do you think it's suspicious?"

"Yeah, it is..." Asumi replied, and then she started to gulp her own hot chocolate like cold water. "Ow! H-Hot!!!"

The two of us shamefully watched Asumi hold her neck like a sick intoxicated patient trying to puke something out. If this was a comedy show, she's the main actor. Hahaha!

"Why is she here anyway?" Heushac said. "What should we do?"

Sometimes, I hate the side of Heushac that asks too many obvious questions. If we're on a sit-com, he will be the punchline destroyer.

"We should keep an eye on her." Asumi suggested.

<>

The white haired girl is already sleeping safe and sound like a kitten on the sofa when I suggested my idea to Erylle. She immediately accepted and it's already two in the morning when all of us decided to sleep again. Erylle appointed a person to watch the girl while she sleeps.

"W-Why me?" I exclaimed.

"It's your idea, so you should do it~"

"I-I can't! It's Heushac's idea!"

"Don't be so noisy, she will wake up... And for what reason?"

Erylle held her hips, staring suspiciously at me. She seemed mad in some degree. Sigh. I need to tell her at least. I went close to her and whispered it to her left ear.

"...She might be a Cursed Guardian..."

"You're over reacting..."

"It can't be helped! Haven't you seen her soulless eyes?"

"No, but it wasn't red. There's not even a triangle in it."

"Have you ever thought about a Cursed Guardian using contact lenses?"

Erylle quickly glanced at the sleeping girl, then to me. "...You have a point...I should've checked her heart first before letting her inside..."

That's the limitation on Erylle's <Heartsong> Ability. She can't hear someone's thoughts if they are unconscious.

Then she kept her eye on me for a thousand seconds, and then she softly scolded me.

"How dare you accuse a cute girl who is defenselessly sleeping on my house?"

"I-I told you before! I can't keep an eye on her!"

Erylle made a quick sigh, and played her long blonde hair from her shoulders. Then she stared back at me aggressively that made me surprised.

"Okay, I'll watch her...On one condition!"

"W-What?"

"Buy me a new ribbon!"

<>

"So, this is the girl that woke you up last night? She seems flat..."

Zion said, scratching his head by his left hand and wiping morning stars by his right. He yawned for a second, and stared at the sleeping white girl. Meanwhile, Erylle is preparing breakfast together with the clumsy Asumi. Heushac is still sleeping, probably because what happened this morning.

Zion and I are sitting on the sofa while she checks for the sleeping girl, and I check for the morning news in the TV. I pressed random buttons on the remote, and then I successfully discovered a channel that got my curiousness; a science channel featuring the lives of bearcats.

"She's flat but that's because she's like...eleven years old?"

Okay, you're really crossing the line here, Zion. I will keep my distance from you if Erylle's around from now on. But Zion continued to speak his thoughts thoughtlessly.

"She's definitely a flat board like Mia."

Bam! That's the cue of Mia gaining some entrance, with her pink pajamas. She kicked the door from her room and marched like a feminist nazi on world war three. Her eyes were glaring red and ears steaming in the same manner as Erylle when she gets angry.

"Y-You should watch what your mouth s-sometimes, big brother Zion..."

"Eh?"

Particles of light formed into Mia's right hand, and it materialized a staff with a red orb attached on its end.

Smack! Pak! Pow! Bush! That's what you get for insulting girl's chest, idiot. Zion's really lucky because Mia didn't cast any spells at all. But that staff smashes are powerful though. It even made Zion fly through the window and made it to the backyard.

"Y-You should stop calling me flatboard, pervert!"

"Y-Yes ma'am!"

Mia sighed as she made the staff on her hand into tiny light particles that mixed into the air. She calmly walked out of the living room, mumbling. I thought I should be only scared to Erylle, but now they have the same level in my scare-o-meter.

"Sigh. I've already had my hands full with Heushac, why should I deal with a pervert?"

She glanced at the white haired girl, sleeping on the sofa. Her eyes opened wide in shock as she point her index finger to the girl.

"I-I-Is that...Skye Goldcliffe?!...T-The traitor of the Black Cross!?"

All of a sudden, the white haired girl opened her soulless blue eyes, her arms morphed into a plasma-like energy scythe and rushed forward into Mia with a lightning speed, leaving us all surprised.