Phase 52: White Tails

[Transfield]

[5:46 PM]

"You haven't seen me fight, right?" Asumi looked at me modestly.

"N-Not yet... So we will fight them?"

Ignoring me, Asumi immediately dashed towards the triceratops-like Eidolon. Both of her hands glowed with golden light as if it was shaping itself into a claw.

"<Feral Impact>!!!"

With the two of her claws, she scratched the triceratops with an amazing speed. The triceratops immediately shielded it with its big muscular right arm. The dinosaur succeed on blocking the attack, but his right arm is already dripping with black blood.

It's not the end of Asumi's attack. She immediately followed up with her right, left, right, left. Her combo cuts through every part of the triceratops's skin with no end. If my counting with my <Timelock> ability is correct, she already made 128 strikes in just five seconds.

GRRrrAAA!!!

It was a roar from my back! It was the skeleton dinosaur, smashing his left claws to my ground. Luckily I managed to materialize my weapon gem in time! Clang! The impact of her attack echoed throughout the wasteland. But then a swift kick was made to the skeleton T-Rex jaw that made its body fall to the ground.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to protect you." Asumi made a cute smile, trying to hide her obliviousness. "You look like you can handle yourself, so I was carried away."

The pterodactyl was flying around the whole time, but now is its time to move. It immediately blew red flames from its mouth. Now I don't know if we're fighting a dinosaur or a dragon.

"<Horus Incinerate>!!!"

Black flames came out from my mouth and pushed the pterodactyl's flame away from us. My black flames even reached the pterodactyl that made its red skin suffer from a first degree burn. <Horus Incinerate> is a void spell makes a combined black smoke and flames, so it is a hybrid of attack and distraction.

"Yohan!"

With this signal, I prepared my shield like a ramp. Asumi ran into me and then kicked my kite shield as I adjust the angle to 45 degrees, aiming directly at the panicking pterodactyl. When the time was right for her to jump off from my shield, I immediately gave it a strong push, making her jump all her way to the air piercing the sound barrier.

But then the pterodactyl made a quick recover and blew hundred fireballs to Asumi's direction.

"<Kitsune Art: Sixfold Barrier>!!!"

Suddenly, six white tail-like fabric came out from her back and covered her whole body, forming a sphere. All the fireballs that touched the sphere immediately evaporated into thin air. Once the fireballs are all nothing, the fabric dispersed into light particles.

<Kitsune Art: Twofold Blades>!!!"

Just as what happened earlier, white fabrics came out from her back, but it is now just two. The two fabrics immediately made a swift slice through the pterodactyl's neck which made it the final blow. The pterodactyl exploded, making its black ashes that scattered all over the place.

GRrra!

I never noticed that the triceratops and the skeleton T-Rex are already unable to fight. There are just piles of ashes on the ground.

Asumi is really strong. She is the second strongest Guardian in our Legion after all.

"I guess that settles that."

<>

On our way home, Asumi immediately pinched my elbow. I looked at her cautiously, but then she's immediately grabbed my hand. She inserted something on it.

"Is it...a paper crane?"

"Yes!" Asumi made a cute grin. I don't know if she's planning on something.

"What demonic plot do you have in mind?" I asked her coldly with doubt on my face.

"You're rude! I just wanted you to bring a token of friendship!" She pouted.

"Really?...You're fully aware that my heart is already for Erylle, right?"

"Don't be stupid! I don't really have any feelings for you at all!" There's no sign of untruth on her eyes. Instead, it made a miserable twinkle as she gazed away from me.

"The truth is, my brother used to create origami. I appreciate all his works, but the paper cranes are the best. They say that if you created a thousand paper cranes, your wish will come true. That crane is one of her works, but I'm going to give you this anyway."

Remembering her brother must be tough. Maybe revealing that Atlas is now a Cursed Guardian will give her trauma. I really need to lift her emotions for now. Just like what Erylle did to me in a daily basis.

"I'm not really a fan of Japanese superstitions, but I think your wish can be granted in many ways." I stared at the slow-moving clouds in the clear blue sky. "I already got one of my wishes. How about yours?"

"My wish will never be granted. There's no way to revive a dead after all." She bowed down in sorrow.

Darn, it's harder than I thought. I can't think of any words to lift her up anymore. I can't imitate Erylle's ability to implant some hope inside a wounded heart. So as a result, we got an awkward silence as we go on the road.

When we are in front of the shrine, she immediately got in front of me. Jollily, she smiled and her eyes sparkled like stars.

"I think my wish has already been granted!" She said in a louder tone. "My big brother has been revived in the form of Yohan Romanov!"

"H-Huh? What are you talking about!?"

"Nothing! Hey, that paper crane...It's precious to me, so don't use that as a toilet paper!"

She started running away from me for about ten steps then turned at me, waving goodbye with a bright smile on her face.