Phase 43: Romanov Seals

[Blazing Heart Haven – Heightsburg City]

[7:47 PM]

All of them already finished their own plates. Except me. It's not the flavor that's slowing me down. The problem is I got too much chicken soup on my bowl that I forgot that it's soggy to eat. I'm not on the mood to eat anymore, but it will be rude for Erylle if I didn't finish it. So I'm trying hard to eat it all. Really...

"Guess who's doing dishes~" Erylle said.

Everybody laughed and went out of the dining room. They have their own business to do with. But Erylle never left me. She just stood beside me, watching me eat. I glanced at her and then she made a serious face.

"What are you doing?" She made a doubtful face.

"W-Why are you watching me?"

"I'll wash the dishes, so hurry up, moron."

"I thought I'm the one-"

"I'll do this for you. Hurry up and finish it already!"

"Y-Yes ma'am!"

When I finally finished my meal, I insisted to leave her, planning to help her wash the dishes. But then she scolded me and casted me out.

Nothing to do here, so I went to the living room and sat on the sofa.

I reached the book my father gave me. It has the title <Romanov Seals>. I got curious so I opened it. As I thought, a book of spells...again. But it has different content that Mia gave me. I scanned the pages, and then I suddenly stopped when a <Hurricane Seal> page caught my attention. There was a handwritten phrase on it, saying: "Do not try it again at home."

Suddenly, I remembered that our house is ruined by a hurricane that appeared out of nowhere. The voice of my father echoed in my head.

"That book will help you a lot. And also, don't tell your mother that I laid my hands on that book again!"

I went to Mia and showed her the <Romanov Seals> book. She started reading the first page but scanned the other particular pages

"This is your heirloom, right? It contains <Seal Type>. Seal type spells are immobilizing spells and are very powerful. You should master the basics first."

According to the book, <Hurricane Seal> is one of the basic spells but it requires a weapon. I don't know, can a shield do it? I can't see how.

<>

It was already two in the morning when I was awoken by a noise.

Chk....Chk...

The three of us are sleeping in a room with a double deck. Since there are two rooms in this Haven, and each room has a double deck, one has to sleep in the mat. Of course it's me again. The one in the lower deck was Heushac, and the upper deck was Zion who was quite silent on his sleep. The girls are sleeping in the other room.

Chk...Chk...Chk...

"Hey, Heushac..."

"Mmmm?" Heushac answered while being half asleep.

"I think I'm hearing something on the front door."

"I don't."

"Wait...Shshshshsh..."

Upon hearing me, Heushac halted to breathe just to hear what I'm saying. Everything was silence as our eyes adjusted in the darkness... But then...

"Bo...."

...

"Boobs..."

...

"It's Zion, certainly having a wet dream..." Heushac said.

"No, it's not that noise!"

Chk...Chk...Chk...Chk...

"Yeah, that's the sound I'm talking about." I said with serenity.

"That's not me!" Heushac cried.

Alerted, we immediately stood up and slowly opened the door. There was no one in the living room. There were no signs that the girls in this Legion are making that sound .The girls on the other room sleep safe.

Then there was a thunder that made all of this horrifyingly scary.

Knock...Knock...

It came from the main door. Heushac's skin hair stood up, as well as mine. I know that Heushac is brave in fighting Eidolons but I never thought he's afraid of ghosts. Wait, is there one, really?

Both of our uneasiness made us use our Weapon Gems. Heushac was now pointing his broadsword to the door, ready to thrust someone who's making the creepy noise. His toes are shaking and he's sweating rains. Seeing that, I used my glass kite as a riot shield as I slowly went to the door.

I reached for the doorknob and immediately turned it and slammed it open.

Bam! The thunder struck like a bomb in the sky.

White hair, dancing in the darkness with those cold eyes. Her face never showed any expression. Wearing a white dress, she was standing in front of me, not moving any inch.