Phase 55: The Minotaur's Charge

[Collapsed Eaglehorn Haven – Cyprine City]

[11:02 PM]

Clang!

"Are you alright?"

It was Caroline who was near my left shoulder. She just caught a large greatsword on her arms with her steel gauntlets, preventing it from slashing my head. If it wasn't for her, I should be dead by now.

"Y-Yeah, thanks."

The one eyed brute immediately withdrew his blade from Caroline's grasps and jumped backward. He made a smirk that almost reached his ears and chuckled heavily. Caroline immediately posed a kickboxing-style stance and glared at the enemy with her purple eyes.

"I'll buy time for Erylle to come. Take Felix with you and run." She said worryingly.

But then Felix gripped my shoulders and forced his way to stand up. He then materialized his weapon; a golden rapier on his right arm and whipped it in the thin air.

"N-No...We'll fight together."

"Heh. You're such a competent gentleman... Here he comes!"

The one-eyed brute dashed and jumped two meters upward, raising his giant sword, smashed it to the ground but the two Eaglehorn Guardians immediately jumped out of the area of effect of the impact. Caroline then dashed forward and channeled a blue-colored aura on her right fist.

"<Cargo Impact>!"

The brute's body fell out of balance, but then Felix came out of nowhere and his golden rapier shone with red light.

"<Thousand Thrust>!"

The rapier pierced through the brute's body continuously while Felix maintained his fencing stance. His arms are like machine gun bullets that stroke every part of the brute's body. As a final strike with their combo, Caroline immediately jumped and made a flying kick, forming a spiral tornado-like drill that covered her whole body.

"<Drill Kick>!"

The brute's abdomen became a huge hole as he was directly caught by the attack. His body flew into the burnt building, breaking the walls and catching all the fallen debris on his wake. There is no way he could survive that attack.

Caroline and Felix are now panting heavily. They seem to be fighting this Cursed Guardian at the whole time.

"It's not over yet. That guy has massive regeneration ability. If he uses that <Eidolon Mode> again, we might not be able to escape this time."

"Yeah. And the worst news, we can't see the other two."

I was awestruck at their statement. Is that really true? If that man can also transform into an Eidolon, we can't win. What's more if there are three of them? Even Erylle's power might not be enough.

Brrr!

Suddenly, a crashing noise echoed through the area. An eight-meter shadow flew into the sky, and raised its giant sword in his right hand. The two were completely unaware of what chaotic event that will happen to them...

"Grrrrah!"

I immediately jumped forward, catching the full impact of the greatsword with my shield. The power of his gargantuan hack to us is so immense that even I almost passed out blocking it. The ground shatters into pieces as I hold my ground.

It was...an Eidolon. A one-eyed minotaur-like creature with a bloodshot left eye, black skinned giant was the one who's making us suffer. He was wielding the very same greatsword, but there is a huge boost in power judging from the slash I just blocked with my shield.

The two immediately scattered away from me and prepared their spells and weapons to reduce the force exerted unto me.

"<Lightning Joust>!" , "<Cargo Impact>!"

The rapier and the gauntlet collided with the minotaur's left and right cheek which made it dash backward, but it retained its unbent posture like it didn't suffer any damage at all. Its red eyes are now glowing, and made a deafening growl that swayed the flames around us.

"I forgot. With Yohan with us, we might be able to win." Caroline smiled.

"T-That's..."

"Heh. You're right." Felix approved with and unhesitant smile.

That is an overstatement! Making me shoulder the responsibility of their lives are just...too heavy! This is the first time I'm fighting with them so I don't want my uselessness be a burden to them!

Grrrroooooooooar!

The minotaur charged forward, destroying anything on his path. He was certainly aiming at Caroline who looks like the easiest one to take down since I can block any incoming attacks and Felix is thrice as fast as the charging minotaur. But my <Timelock> ability saw through that, so I prepared a spell for him. I clasped my hands and shouted with a blazing spirit.

"<Horus Incinerate>!"

Black flames scattered from my mouth and made a direct hit to the minotaur's body. The smokes were dispersed all around the place like an explosion. The black flames maybe weak to burn his thick black skin, but I only did it to distract him. Blinded, the minotaur started swinging his sword, left and right, forward and up, to fan the black flames away from his field of vision. Then his sword glowed with blazing fire light, and smashed it to the ground.

Clang!

I parried his sword on time with my shield thanks to my Guardian Ability. Once the minotaur is wide open, Caroline dashed from behind me and released an immense power on her right gauntlet.

"<Rising Heaven>!"

It was a full-power uppercut that made the minotaur flew into the skies. But it doesn't end with that. Felix jumped followed the minotaur at midair. White particles formed around his rapier and created a glowing giant edge that lightened through the area like a white perfect full moon.

"<Caliburn Sting>!!!"

He thruster the giant sword downward to the minotaur's heart. It formed like a giant laser-like light ray that it even penetrated to the monster's back and made its way to the ground. The minotaur's body crashed into the highway and made a crater in a size of a basketball court. The crashing of the ground made a three-second trembling effect that made a shockwave that extinguished all the flames around the place.

"That should do it." Felix sighed after catching his breath.

The three of us are much more exhausted than before. It is not a long fight, but the spells we just used are the ones depleted our energy. But then...

Grrrraaaaaah!