Phase 27: Aftermath

Phase 27: Aftermath

[Infirmary - Black Cross Mansion – Myrrh City]

[8:32 AM]

My vision is fuzzy at the moment. All I know is that there is a light coming from the windows. It's morning already. I turned my head up, and there is a fluorescent lamp, turned off. I was in a bed, covered with white sheets.

There's something heavy on my right arm. There, a blonde woman that's laying her head on my bed. I guess she was asleep. She was holding my right hand. I carefully removed it from her grasps, and I started to fondle her silky smooth hair. Then I tried to touch the blue ribbon.

"Mmmm..."

I immediately halted and checked Erylle, who was now looking at me, half awake. She now has eye-bags, blazing eyes and curled eyebrows that gives a killing intent. She immediately punched me in the face that made me fell down back to my pillow.

"Gwuaha!-"

"YOU STUPID IMPRUDENT LITTLE IDIOTIC FOOLISH MORON!!!"

"Ouch, what did I ever do to you!?"

She immediately pinned me down by pressing her soft chest to mine, together with her head. My, is she wiping something on her face to my clothes!?

"Too many to mention, dumbass!" Erylle started a whisper-like cry as she muffled herself in my chest. "I-I was afraid you weren't going to wake up again..."

"C-Come on, it's a Guardian's job to protect their Legion Master at all cost..."

"I didn't baptize you to be my meatshield! Geez!...."

At last, she pulled back her face from my chest and glared at me again. Her face immediately became tomato red and she immediately glanced away at me.

Where should I start?

"Um...Erylle...What happened in the battle in the Summit?"

She didn't answer. She just pinned me down, again, with her humongous chest. But now, she's hugging me tight like how she hugs a teddy bear. I can't help but to smile and blush. I never knew that she cares this much about me. I often thought she's oblivious to my feelings, but it doesn't matter right now. At least she's safe.

"She recovered from the paralysis and went berserk, casting any spell she likes in every direction, while shouting 'YOHAAAAAAAN'!!!" Said by a feminine voice.

There's a woman standing just beside the door, smiling. She was the violet-haired woman that smacked a volleyball to me a few days ago. An Eaglehorn Guardian, wearing a cute pink nurse dress. She seems to be here before I woke up.

"S-S-Shut up, Caroline!" Erylle cried. "I-I didn't do anything like that!!!"

Erylle's voice was really deafening, since her mouth is just a few centimeters from my right ear. I noticed that everyone in the Legion are here, now happy to see me awake. They seem to have bandages in some random parts of their body.

"Yeah, Erylle was really furious. It even made all the Cursed Guardians scared...Ehehehehe!!!" Mia laughed like a witch.

"H-Hey! I-It's not true! The Holy Knights are the ones who drove the Cursed Guardians away!" Erylle reasoned out.

"H-Hey, stop teasing Miss Fontaine!" Asumi made a somewhat compassionate tone. Erylle will surely thank her for being the mediator here.

Then, Asumi made a devilish smile at me. I don't know why she's smiling, until I recovered my senses and noticed that Erylle never stopped clinging into me.

<>

What happened exactly was the same as the version of that Caroline said. After I passed out, Erylle went haywire, trying to defeat the black masked swordsman, the vampire lady, and Benedict Hamerov all by herself. Of course, the overpowered Cursed Guardians won against her again. She almost got killed, but the Holy Knights of the Gate Guardian Council appeared to fight the Dark Legion. They succeeded to force Benedict and others to retreat, but everything fell to our loss.

Casualties are inevitable. There are twenty Guardians dead in this summit, including all Quarterhelm Legion Guardians. Zion Apollonus is the sole survivor of his Legion, which means that their Legion will be disbanded. On the other side, five Cursed Guardians died.

I really hope Zion is alright...