Phase 58: Heavenly Blades

[Blazing Heart Haven – Heightsburg City]

[7:04 AM]

Thank god that the implant was a success. The only drawback is that Erylle can't open a Gate and can't use any ability, spells or weapon gems for three days. The plan that Felix formulated will commence after Erylle regain her abilities so it's all according to the plan.

It's already morning, and Erylle is not awake yet. I went to her bedroom and sat beside her. I gently patted her silky smooth bangs which made her slightly awake.

"G-Good morning..."

She smiled and tried to get up. I noticed that she was holding her chest, and she looks like in pain.

"Good morning. Ugh, my chest hurts."

"That's because you have humongous chest..."

"W-What did you say?"

"N-Nothing!.. Did I wake you up?" I said worriedly.

"No, not at all."

She slowly reached for my hand and grasped it tight. Her palms were as cold as ice, and she was shivering. Maybe it's because of the shock the Reginleif made after entering her body.

"Stay with me for a bit."

I did what she wanted me to do. I smiled at her with innocence and started thinking of what topic should we have but then she spoke.

"Did you know the abilities of the nine Heavenly Blades?"

"All I know is the three. Orisoner has the power of creation, Cataclysor has the power of destruction, and Reginleif has the power to control time."

She nodded. "The six others are said to control space, dimension, gravity, illusion, life, and death."

"Those blades are really terrifying, especially the 'death' thing. So, how did Neo lose to Benedict if they have the same level of Heavenly Blades?"

"That's easy. Benedict is at least a hundred times more powerful than a normal Cursed Guardian, since he has the ability to copy the abilities of his enemies. And also, we didn't know what kind of Eidolon baptized him. It may be a Level 4 Eidolon, or higher."

"Cursed Guardians are really scary..." I sighed while scratching my head. Suddenly, an important thing popped out of my head. "H-Hey, the attack spell you told me last night... When will you teach me?"

"You're so eager to learn, aren't you?" Erylle's face produced a slight hint of annoyance. "Fine, I'll teach you."

There was a pause of a second, and the atmosphere became really dark. I felt the terror in my spine, even if we're not doing anything in that short amount of time. This is because of Erylle's serious stare at me. Why is she doing that?

"Yohan... I need to tell you something about Asumi."

"H-Huh?"

"She is wielding the Heavenly Blade of Death."