Phase 95: Gates Closed

[Grove of Beginnings]

"E-Erylle!"

"...I'm sorry Yohan." Erylle bowed, covering her face with her bangs. I can't see her facial expression.

There was a strong silence. Quintessence floated to the air and continued the cycle for a long time. No one dared to move a lip in this situation.

I...I just purified her heart from this curse...and then this happens? All of these are for nothing? W-What kind of fate is this? Our future has been saved...but what about Erylle!? Is she the only one who will suffer the consequences? Is it right to have her disappear, even though she saved us all!? Nonsense!

"Listen, Yohan." Erylle raised her head and stared at my eyes lovingly. Tears raced through her pinkish cheeks, but her smile was exquisite. "This is the toll for me using the <Song of Time>. I can restore everything's existence in exchange for mine... It's a good trade, isn't it? One life for everything... I know that if you're in my place...If anyone is in my place, they would do the same thing."

"I'll find something that can revive you back!" I cried to Erylle. "I will find the Heavenly Blade of Life, I promise!"

"No... My soul will be forever be frozen into the timestream..."

I didn't realize that I was crying until I felt my own tears dripping on the silent water of the lake. Sorrow. That's the only thing in my heart right now. Is there another way to get her back!? Darn it, Yohan! THINK!!!

Erylle inhaled softly, and then exhaled. Everything in the surroundings lost its color. Everything but not Erylle. She is like a rainbow... as colorful as always. I realized that all the Quintessence stopped midair. She should have stopped the time to have some more conversation with me.

She made a sudden snuffle. Again and again. Her eyes became unstoppably gushing water that made her face wet. Her face was red. Then she had a holler.

"...I...I would be lying...If I will never be sad...i-if I disappeared right now... I will be very sad... I wish...I wish I could stay longer with you...and everybody else... I wish to continue our love story...marry you and make a family... I wish we could accomplish our dreams together... and witness the growth of the Legion...I wish..."

I moved closer and hugged her tight. Tighter than before. And I made an unstoppable cry like a baby. I closed my eyes. I would like to hug her like this forever if I can. But I know this will be our farewell. I know that this will be our last...

"Take me with you!!!" I cried to her. "Take my soul too!"

"G-Geez, you're so stubborn..." Erylle laughed while crying. "I'm the one who used the <Song of Time>, so there's no way I could take you... And also, I already lost all my loved ones, except you. I needed you to survive, at least. I will be mad if you did a suicide after this...Hahaha..."

Actually, I'm planning to do that. Darn, she read my mind again.

"But I believe in you. You believed in yourself. You don't need to die or banish just to be with me. Just remember, I will be always in your heart. All my memories are yours now to keep. I will always remember you, and please...Please always remember me."

"I will. I will. Forever and ever. I will remember all the things we did. I will treasure all those memories."

"...So stop crying now." She softly pushed me back. "As long as time is stopped, we can have this moment forever... But I think it's a bad idea to permanently stop time for our selfish ambitions..."