Phase 93: A Battle Between Lovers

[The Place of Nothingness]

I don't know how much time passed since we started this unending clash. How can I describe time if it is moving backwards? All I know that it's been so long since we had this ultra-fast combat. All the metal echoes through this dimension of nothingness.

Erylle fired a dozen of arrows from her wristbow, but I spinned Asumi's halberd to deflect all incoming projectiles. Then I casted <Fireball> and <Lightning Bolt> with Mia's staff, but Erylle deflected it with her Reginleif. This fight is just an endless cycle of exchanging attacks.

But I know that she's much more powerful than this. She's not serious in fighting me, at least.

"You're really strong now, Yohan." Erylle complimented me.

"It's all thanks to our friends. It's all thanks to you." I answered her with a smile.

I need to change my strategy in order to defeat her. I materialized Heushac's sword and Skye's arm scythe. Then I kept the plasma shield on my back, in case Erylle teleported and attacked me in the back. I have <Ironwill>, <Memodrive>, <Shintou Kyushu>, <Stealthwalk>, and <Direct Whisper>, but I'm missing a thing; my <Timelock> ability. I don't know if this is a drawback of losing my powers.

Or maybe I have a new ability, since I was baptized again. There's no way I can discover my new ability in this battle, so I have to trust everything I got for this moment. Besides, I have my Legion's Weapon Gems and Eaglehorn Legion's Energy. This should suffice.

"<Tachyon Blitz Ricochet>!!!" Erylle swung her sword to her side, and then she made a blinding dash!

Ugh, there's no way I can evade it without having the fastest eyes! I immediately converted some of my energy to Void Energy, and coated myself with a ball of darkness. I can't see much from the outside, but there are thousands of sparks on the crust of my <Void Energy Shell>. I know it came from her unending combo of attacks.

When her attacks stopped, I removed the Void Coating on me and dashed back. I have to form a strategy on the spot if I want to win this battle!

Erylle materialized her two black wings and started to fly. I detected some of her openings and calculated her direction. This might be my opportunity to attack!

"<Trident Flintlock>! <Vent Tornado>! <Butterfly Dynamite>! <Threefold Shuriken>! <Psionic Slash>!"

Plasma bullets, glittering small tornado, burning butterflies, a shuriken made out of cloth and a slash shockwave chased her but she evaded it easily by teleporting. Darn, it is tiring to switch a weapon after each of those spells, and all of them missed! Mia's <Memodrive> proves to be useful in this battle!

"<Chrono Storm>" Erylle shouted.

Several Time Gates opened above me and summoned thousands of Erylle. All of them channeled their swords which glowed with a dazzling light!

"<Infinite Tachyon Blitz Ricochet>!!!" All of them shouted in unison that echoed through this dimension.

Immediately, I used my <Void Energy Shell> again to protect myself from those attacks. Thousands, millions, billions of sparks can be seen outside my safe zone. If only one of those attacks hit me, my body will be reverted to ashes. But now that there are an infinite number of attacks outside, everything is not on my favor anymore!

Brrrrr! My shell started to shake very rapidly. This will not hold much longer! I have to think of a counterattack!

"<Kaleidoscope Counter>!!!"

My Void Shell immediately transformed into a sphere made up of duplicates of my diamond-shaped plasma shield. Then the sphere made a dazzling light after receiving countless attacks from thousands of copies of the blonde Valkyrie.

BOOOOOOOOOM!!! A deafening explosion; the very same energy from an exploding dwarf star ruined everything in this nothingness.

<>

When the explosion and tremors were no more, I was the only one left. In this nothingness. Or so I thought.

A Time Gate opened, and Erylle came out of it. They are right. Erylle is currently immune to banishment and death. I don't know if she's really immune to sealing type spells, but I should try it next! If my sealing spells are able to work, I can use my fake Reginleif to turn her back!

"<Hurricane Seal>!!!" I used my shield to fan out air.

Then there was a huge tornado that surged to Erylle but she easily teleported. Then, she tried to attack again with her <Tachyon Blitz> , but for some reason, my reflexes shielded me and I accidentally casted my spell!

"<Mirror Counter>!!!"

The stroke of light came back to Erylle that pierced her chest. Then her body turned into ashes immediately after realizing that her attack hit herself. Good thing, I countered it with my reflexes! If I planned it out in my head, she should have avoided it because of her mind-reading capabilities!

There are no signs of living other than me here. But I know Erylle will come back because she has an absolute power over the time stream. She will return here for a few seconds.

Suddenly, there was a dimensional rift again. It was a Time Gate! This time, I know what I have to do!

"<Ithaqua Frostbite>!!!"

A sea of white smoke gushed to the Time Gate. Because of the ability of my spell to go against logic, it froze the dimensional rift! No one will be able to come out! Now, if I will stab my fake Reginleif into this frozen Time Gate, Erylle will be struck too. I will now be able to turn her back!

As I put my hand on my chest to materialize the fake Heavenly Blade, there was a blinding light coming from the Time Gate. After a few milliseconds, everything in my vision became white...