Extra Phase: Erylle's Log - Three Hearts

This event happened prior to the formation of the Blazing Heart Legion, and follows Erylle's point of view in her early Gate Guardian life.

[Heightsburg Campus – Heightsburg City]

"Good morning~ Hi! I'm Erylle."

"H-Hi... Nice to meet you too...I'm Y-Yohan..."

My, his face is strawberry red now. It's not the first time I saw him like that. I often catch him staring at me, and pretending to be doing something else. I don't know what the matter with this guy is. He acts like he's allergic to me!

It was already noontime. Our class has been dismissed, but the classroom is still half full. Some of my classmates are having a nice chat with their friends, and some are minding their own business.

It will be the perfect time to test this guy out.

"Ummm... Don't you have something to do this afternoon?"

"...I-I d-d-don't..."

Sigh, this guy is too shy. Well, as far as I know, he is. He's often silent and looks cold, but now that we're talking, I never noticed that he's this cute! I wanna hug him! Wait, I should proceed with my test...

"Let's have a coffee in the cafeteria~"

"E-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHH!!!"

That was the whole class's reaction. I didn't even know that they are listening! Some of them are whispering "Miss Fontaine is asking Yohan out!" and others, something similar like that example. Yohan's face froze, staring at me with no emotion at all. His cheeks made a denser red color...

"I-I........I have to go home!!!"

Yohan immediately packed all his books and notebooks from his desk in a disoriented manner and started to run like a horse being whipped by his master. He ran outside the campus with an unbelievable speed, having his mouth shouting "Weaaaaaah!!", echoing through the whole building like a crashing airplane.

I was left alone in front of his deserted desk, and made a frustrated exhale. Sigh. This is my first time asking him out, but I don't know. Maybe I should change my approach. How can I tell him that he is a Gate Guardian?

"Don't worry; he'll accept your feelings anytime sooner. It's obvious that he will like you too!" Heffy patted my left shoulder and smiled.

"I'm not confessing or declaring a war." I sighed again.

"Oh, what is this all about?"

"Some school project."

<>

Currently, there is no Legion to protect Heightsburg City. Only Rogue Guardians are the ones who kill Eidolons with their own goodwill. I'm one of them. Because I live alone, hunting Eidolons is considered my past time after every activity in school.

I'm pretty strong, so I don't mind being solo. But the Eidolons this year are somewhat aggressive and powerful than last year. Right now, I can see the limitations of being a Rogue Guardian. I think I should join a Legion, or create one. Either the two will do.

That very same day, when that imbecile pest freaked out, I tried Eidolon hunting near the boundaries of Heightsburg and Akalova City. Walking in the desert of ice, I noticed that the red moon is getting bigger and bigger each day passed. It's really weird. Anyway, the law of physics doesn't apply in Transfield so weird things are normal.

"Hyaaa!"

Clang! A metal clashing sound echoed. There must be a Guardian nearby, though I know that there shouldn't be any in this place. As I said, weird things are normal in Transfield.