Phase 83: Happily Ever After

[Heightsburg Dormitory – Heightsburg City]

[6:32 AM]

"U-uoah!" I immediately got up of my bed.

I looked around, and I seem to be in my room in our dormitory in Heightsburg. Looks like it's all just a nightmare. I exhaled air, sighing what stupidity I was thinking on my sleep. That's not good at all. But at least I already know the nightmare I always forget about.

What's with that dream anyway? That is the third time I got that dream (I think. Maybe I just forgot the other dates) but it doesn't really matter. It doesn't make any sense at all.

It's Monday, so I went to my regular morning routine to go to school. Like every day, I first stop to the shrine and pick up Asumi, then we'll go to school together.

(Normally, a girlfriend would be very mad at me. But Erylle is a special girlfriend. She lets me pick Asumi up because she knows that we're just best friends. She knows. Yes. She always knows. She spends one Quintessence to read my heart everyday as insurance. So there's no way she'll get jealous.)

It's been three days since the battle against Aeternos has ended, and all our major problems have already been solved. The Blazing Heart Legion has now been known for their efforts in the battle against the Dark Legion and Aeternos. My Guardian Class is now A+ thanks to my luck in the battle against Aeternos. Oh yeah, all of the Blazing Heart Guardians have the same rank as mine, except Erylle who is now S+.

I don't consider myself as an out-of-place in our legion anymore!

Atlas and Asumi are now the happiest siblings in the world. They have each other now. Though we worked hard to make a white lie to make Asumi's death fake for the people of Heightsburg to hear (Particularly, our classmates), it all ended up well. The problem is Atlas, because he's out for too long. He can't roam freely around Heightsburg City anymore. He said that it's okay with him, since he's planning to be a head priest of the shrine after all.

<>

After the last class has ended, Erylle immediately went to me (as always) and she slammed a brochure of some sort into my table. Asumi also went to my table in curiosity.

"The Black Cross Legion will host our Christmas Party. We should all go~" Erylle said with a reply.

"...A-Are you sure that's just a party...?" Asumi palely asked. "Every time we got invited there, things go wrong..."

Looks like Asumi now has a trauma. Wait. Me too. Wait...Erylle too. The three of us are now drenching with sweat. It's just that...Every time we go there in that particular haven, somebody gets killed. I have a hard time imagining that as a happy place.

"S-Should we turn it down?" Erylle made a forced smile.

"I-I think it's unreasonable for us to reject...Maybe things will turn out alright this time." I suggested with a fake smile.

"Y-Yohan is right." Asumi seconded. But her face is now paler than ever.

"S-So we wil go. As a whole Legion! It's now decided!" Erylle now shifted to higher spirits. That was fast!

I don't know if we're gonna regret this.

<>

Surprisingly, I know that there won't be anything that'll happen tonight. The security is tripled right now with high-class guardians from every Legion. The worst part is that all men are obligated to guard the posts. That includes me, Heushac and Zion.