Phase 25: The Dark Legion Assault

Asumi Kozukata's Guardian Ability is <Shintou Kyushu>, the ability to have infinite stamina while there is daylight. Maybe that's the reason why Erylle had a hard time catching her when it was still afternoon, but finally succeeded after the sunset in that "Stalker Chase". Maybe that's also the reason why makes her clumsy...I mean, she has unlimited stamina for being clumsy...hehe...

[Black Cross Mansion – Myrrh City]

[6:15 PM]

The meeting hall is where the other Legion Masters of the <Investigation Team> are. And that weird guy showed himself there, so worst case scenario, the three strongest Legion Masters left in that meeting hall are in danger.

We rushed into the hallway going to the meeting hall. It was pretty dark out there, but there are emergency lamps that made the way visible. I don't really know what's happening in this place.

But I have a feeling that something terrible will happen.

<>

The meeting hall is the one that is connected in the widescreen TV in the hall, so that's where the Benedict guy came from. That's why Erylle made a decision to raid first the meeting room. It's been minutes that we're running.

"So Benedict returned." Mia said.

"Yes, and this is not good. I thought he was finished by Void Wolf in the Phoenix Incident?" Erylle said.

"So he really is immortal?"

"We don't know that." Erylle said. "Cursed Guardians sure are powerful."

I've read it from the book Mia gave me. Cursed Guardians are former Guardians who made a contract with Eidolons or another Cursed Guardian. They will have tremendous boost of power once they absorbed a Dark Quintessence from a live Eidolon. You can spot a Cursed Guardian if they have soulless red eyes, and in addition, there is an inverted triangle on their pupils, instead of a cross.

Benedict Hamerov is a special one. Only one of his eyes is red.

We arrived on the meeting room, and it was already on chaos. There were five Black Cross Legion members here who are fighting a kid in a tuxedo. But the kid is not normal. Red eyes and devilish smile on his face.

The Cursed Guardian kid is expert in dodging the Black Cross Guardian's attacks. Then eight tentacles materialized on his back and started to smash and pierce the Guardians he's fighting. Good thing that all of them survived the kid's attack, but some of them suffered light injuries.

"Hurry! The Legion Masters already made an exit through the hall!" One of the guardians said, while crawling on his body. "Just get away from this place!"

Upon seeing us, the kid immediately jump upwards using his tentacles and entered to the vent on the right side of the room.

"Hurry!"

We all decided to go back into the hall when a black silhouette appeared. He was holding two swords and he is wearing a black cloak and a flat platinum colored glass mask. His eyes are glowing red that it is the only thing visible on his face.

It suddenly rushed into us, but Erylle got the appropriate reaction time to shield the first sword in her bow. When the second sword started to swing, she immediately jumped back.

"Mia, Yohan. Go ahead with me. I'll take this idiot." Erylle said with a serious tone.

"Are you sure about that?" I asked, being worried.