Phase 41: Insomnia

Phase 41: Insomnia

[Romanov Residence – Mirose Grande City]

[9:44 PM]

"Thanks for the meal~"

Zion shouted in delight before he swallowed up the beef steak my mother cooked. Everyone knows that he's too hungry to talk, since he only notices his own meal. But he still has some kind of manners. He prepared the plates and spoons twenty minutes before we had this dinner. This family round table is really crowded right now.

A part of the second floor of our house has been finished, so Zion slept in that room for last night since he's too lazy to find an inn. My parents are always hospitable to my friends, and I don't get it. Zion stayed with us yesterday, and he will do it again this night.

Erylle and I stayed in the same room, just like the other days with my family. This time, I don't want to sleep away from Erylle. I have a feeling that Zion will sneak up and take some pictures while she's asleep. I really can't trust him whenever there's a girl around that I care for.

The reason why Zion's in Mirose Grande is to warn us about the Cursed Guardians and to keep us safe. They planned to attack here in this City to lure Void Wolf, so the Black Cross Legion advised Zion to find Void Wolf and/or Erylle to pass this message.

If I just knew that Void Wolf is Neo, I should've given them his phone number or email address.

The two of us plans to go back to Heightsburg City. I just talked about it with my father in this dinner, and he approved. He knew what crap we're in, and he pretty much understands all of our actions. My father is approachable, I'll give him that.

Another note; Blazing Heart Legion will now consider Murknock City as another place to protect from Eidolons, since all Quarterhelm Guardians are gone. It's not really a problem because Murknock City is just at the edge of Heightsburg City.

Did I forget something?

<>

24 hours ago...

Gathering all the courage in my heart, I inhaled deeply. I stared at her sparkling green eyes as affectionate as I can. Then I released everything I've kept for more than two years.

"I love you!"

There was the awkward silence again. The whistling of the winds shattered the silence. Her greenish eyes were covered by her bangs.

Finally, after five long seconds, Erylle looked at my eyes. She should be hearing my feelings now. She should know that my feelings for her are the truth.

She smiled. She wordlessly smiled.

I'm not sure if there's a spark between us anymore. She's not even blushing when I said that. Wait, is she going to reject me!? Quick! Take it back!

"I-I-I mean I like to i-i-improve our r-r-relationship! A-as a master and s-student! I don't mean s-something like t-that! I l-love you as a Leg-L-Legion Master! I-I'm grateful that I'm with the Blazing Heart! H-Ha-ha-ha!!!"

Idiot! Yohan, what are you saying! You're making it more obvious!

"Jerk!" Erylle laughed softly, covering her mouth with both of her hands. "You seriously think that you can hide everything from me, even though you know that I can hear all your thoughts!"

I stood there like a wasted statue, but having my cheeks red and toes shaking. What should I do!?

Erylle checked her hands and her hair, and noticed that everything is fine again. She then patted my head.

"I'll be going now. You stay here and relax yourself; your scar hasn't recovered yet."

Then she left me out.

<>

Truth to be told, that was meant to be said when the battle against the Aeternos is over. That was in our promise, in the rooftops of the hotel. We just violated our own promises by making it in advance. I got a feeling that neither of us will stay alive once all of these are finished, giving those past battles that resulted to our losing streak. I'm scared, so I decided to be hasty.

She stayed up last night watching the stars, alone. I didn't bother her peaceful thinking, and also I'm scared that she might tell me her answer about my feelings.

This morning she got those eyebags again, and she slept on the couch. I don't really understand anything. Is she avoiding me? No, that's not it. She talked to me this afternoon, about borrowing some clothes from me. She had her clothes charred up thanks to her gay ex-boyfriend, so she had to borrow some shirt for the meantime.

"Erylle-darling, you look tired." My mother said.

"I-I'm just having insomnia, ma'am..." Erylle wiped her eyes.

"Did you do something, Yohan?"

"W-What!? I didn't!" I nervously answered.

Why blame me all the time, Mom?! What the heck?!

After the meal, I went up to a roofless room on our second floor. A sylph was sitting in the concrete floor like a gargoyle, alone, looking at the stars. I don't know what's on her mind, and I don't feel like talking to her. If you know how to read social cues, you'll know why. It's too awkward.

As soon as I decided to go back, a gentle pinch was made at the back of my shirt.

"Stay with me for a moment~"

I did sit close to her, my face blushing. I don't really know what's going on. She smiled at me again and everything felt more awkward. A gentle breeze came in that made her hair dance, but she had her hands prevent it from hitting my face. Then she started whispering to herself.

"Why did you say something like that?"

"...H-Huh?"

"U-Uh...I'm just talking to myself!" Erylle nervously cried, her face blushing.

I don't really get it. Why is she acting strange?

She started playing her hair, twirling and twirling it, looking at the stars. I stared at her blonde hair which reflected the moon's light, and it turned to be colored green. It's quite cool. But it disturbs me that the blue ribbon is not there anymore. Thanks to her gay ex-boyfriend.