Phase 26: The Dark Legion Assault II

[Black Cross Haven – Myrrh City]

[7:13 PM]

"Help!"

It was a shaggy-haired man, wearing a crest of a knight's armor shouting. He was holding a fallen comrade with him. A Quarterhelm Guardian. I immediately rushed into the scene and checked the situation. The man he's carrying is not breathing anymore.

Aside from that, there are also a bunch of people who are suffering from the same fate. They are all lying in the ground, motionless. They appeared like they're already dead.

I immediately defibrillated the guy the knight was carrying, and asked him to cover me while I revive the other people who had lost their hearts' beating.

I managed to revive three of the others, but there's too many of them who need my help. My energy's almost depleted that I'm already weak and sleepy. But not yet. I can't leave them like this!

Suddenly, a pink haired woman with a scanty dress came in front of me. She has her eyes red and she has this bat wings on her back. Besides that, she has long black claws on both of her hands. The most terrifying thing about her is that she's staring at me with her evil eyes and smirking maliciously at me.

"Wha-!!!"

Swish! The knight I helped earlier had his first swing of his sword on the woman, but she has such agility to dodge that attack and flew a few meters above us.

"Concentrate on reviving them!" The knight said.

I nodded in agreement when I got finished reviving another person. That counts as five now. I'm barely awake. I'm already dizzy. What's worse is that, even I revive some Guardians here; they will remain unconscious and cannot help the battle.

Red eyes. I can feel them glaring at me.

The pink haired vampire lady is still flying above us, but the knight kept guarding my back. He will swing his sword whenever the lady tries to attack me. But the knight is already breathing heavily. He can't stay for much longer.

"Aaargh!"

In a blink of an eye, an edge of the sword came through the knight's heart. The knight coughed blood, and he fell down lifelessly. I felt an incorrigible horror in my body. It was the black masked swordsman.

If he's here, what happened to Erylle!?

The pink haired vampire landed slowly and started to walk towards me and I went paralyzed with fear. Then a heavy hand patted my back.

"You're such a nuisance. Time for you to rest...Forever!"

His voice was so deep that it made my hair stand. It was a pale man having a black knight's armor and red-and-blue eyes. He has this long black hair and scary look on his face. Besides that, he was very tall, maybe two feet. He has this overwhelming aura of power. It was Benedict Hamerov himself.

He slowly grabbed my neck and I helplessly resisted. But then-

"I'm your enemy!"

In a flash, a blonde woman made a flying kick to the face of the scary Benedict guy. But Benedict didn't move an inch. Then the woman then tumbled back a few meters away from Benedict. Surprised, he glared at the woman. It was Erylle, partly wounded, hardly catching her breath.

"Erylle!"

"I thought you're already dead." Benedict said.

"That surprise attack earlier almost killed me...But I'll let you know that I will not die yet~"

Benedict finally let go of me and he dropped me on the ground. He is somewhat furious about what Erylle has done to her. The black knight clenched both of his arms.

"It's been a while since someone gave a clear hit on me." Then he smirked a little bit. "I won't let such an insult...Finish her."

The black swordsman dashed with unbelievable speed into our Legion Master, who was prepared for the attack. Erylle shot a few of the arrows, but the swordsman deflected it with both of his swords. Erylle anticipated the swordsman's attack. She tumbled backwards and spun to the left to dodge the black swordsman's double sword thrust. Erylle then made various kinds of kicks but the swordsman evaded all of them The black swordsman then made some combination attacks with his sword, but Erylle dodged them all in return. They're evenly matched.

Just then, the vampire rose up in the sky and dived into Erylle's direction, pointing her claws. Erylle has her heart-reading ability <Heartsong> so she knew that attack was coming. She immediately made a slip that made the vampire lady miss, but then the vampire lady flew up again and repeated the same attack again and again. The black swordsman never stopped attacking Erylle that made everything on her side unfavorable.

Benedict slowly pointed his right arm on Erylle who was busy dodging the other Dark Guardian's attacks. I immediately noticed it thanks to my Guardian Ability and I know that something bad is going to happen if I let him!

So I tried to punch him in the groin. It didn't have any effect! Then he returned it with a slap with his giant arms that made me rolling on the ground. Darn it! Even this guy's balls are made of steel!

I succeeded on interrupting him, but he made it again for the second time. This time, some kind of black electricity came out in his hand. Suddenly, Erylle froze, and she got electrocuted. Then she fell on the ground.

"Wha-What's happening? I can't move!" Erylle cried.

When she said those words, the black swordsman raised his sword, ready to make a heavy stab against Erylle. Erylle tried to struggle, but she's hopeless. She can't even move a finger.

She made a tearful face when she saw the sword slowly hurled down pointed to her chest. She tried to scream, but she's too scared that made her lips paralyzed. So she decided then to close her eyes instead.

But then...In a nick of time...

Schwack!

"E-Erylle..."

Erylle opened her eyes, and she was surprised upon seeing me on my knees above her paralyzed body.

"Y-Yohan!"

Her silky smooth greenish blonde hair is within my grasps. I can feel the soft ribbon on my left hand. I was above her frozen body.

"Yohaaaan!!!" She screamed.

"Eh?"

There was blood on her dress. But she's unharmed. In fact, it's not her blood. It's coming from mine, dripping continuously from my stomach. There's also a sharp edge of a sword tucked in it. I looked at Erylle's face again, slowly, and coughed a few times. Blood spurted out from my mouth that stained her hair.

"I-I'm glad you're safe." I smiled.

"Y-Yohan..." Tears began flowing from her sparkling eyes.

That was the last thing I know. Everything became black.