Erylle's Log - Protection

[Transfield]

[3 Years Ago]

The drill enlarged itself and it destroyed the group of vines that constricted me. Before I was able to fall, he came in a flash and carried me. Then he retreated to a pretty far distance. This guy...He really looks like a prince charming up close.

"Just stay here and watch." He said with a smile as he dropped me safely. And I didn't say anything. There's just a sudden blush on my face. He was indeed cute.

The white-haired man slowly walked forward, ready to face the venus flytrap monster. He readied his stance with his drill and then shouted.

"<Aero Twirl>!!!"

He pierced through the air, and then a drill-like tornado came rushing to the monster. The vine monster was immediately torn to pieces upon collision with that attack. He was so cool!

"Fwooh! That was close!" The man shouted in relief.

Suddenly, my heart quadrupled its speed. I can feel that my despair is not on my chest anymore. I don't know why, but having him save me is a relieving feeling. I don't feel sad anymore. All I can feel now is hope. Hope, faith, and love in this person.

"What is that thing?" I asked him in confusion.

"That thing is an Eidolon. They are the deity of sins. They are the ones that controlled your heart and your soul and commanded you to kill a person." The white-haired man sighed. "And that person is you yourself. It's such a mysterious case, but I think killing yourself is also a sin."

"Uuuuu...I can't understand you at all..." I groaned.

"I am a Gate Guardian." He said with a smile.

<>

He was the one who explained everything to me. The Gate Guardians. The Transfield. The Eidolons.

After he explained everything to me, he created a ball of light with just a stroke of his finger. Then the ball of light made a blinding flash. Then I realized that we're back in the same world I live in.

We're now back in the streets. It's dawn, but there is a hint of sunrise already. Morning is coming.

"It's weird." He muttered. "You have the potential to become a Gate Guardian, but you became the subject of your won sin. And also, you're also the victim of the sin."

"Huh?" I scratched my cheek, not able to understand anything.

"Nothing." He said. Then he turned away and walked. He's leaving me.

"H-Hey!" I ran and reached his shoulders. "Thank you!"

He looked at me with a passionate aura. But he just smiled as a reply to me. Then he continued walking away. Is this guy avoiding me? Wait, I still have a question for him.

"Wait, how do you know my name?"

"I-I..." The white haired man had his cheeks blushing for a moment while scratching his head. "I know you from televisions and magazines... I have to go now..."

He started to leave again, but I immediately pulled his left shoulder.

"And also, I wanted to become a Gate Guardian!" I smiled at him.

"Huh? Are you sure about that?"

"Absolutely!" I answered like a dog wagging her tail. "I wanted to be a cool superhero like you!"

"I-I'm not a superhero." He muttered. "I can't even save my friends. I can't save my loved ones."

He bowed, staring at the lifeless floor. He must be reminiscing or remembering a tragedy. I felt that this guy has a difficult past, just like me. But after a few seconds, he turned to me and stared at my eyes. He was serious, but the cross sigil on his brown eyes looks really attractive.

"Why would you want to become a Gate Guardian?" he asked me with a boring tone.

"Ummm...Errr..." I organized my thoughts nervously. "I am currently searching for myself and any reason to live, but I think I've already found it. I want to help you fight those Eidolons."

"..."

"..." I stared at her nervously.

"..."

"Please~"

I immediately held his hand and pressed it to my heart. And also, I combined it with a pleasing compassionate stare at him. (According to Flirting 101, this works.) I noticed that his face started to blush out.

"...Fine..." He finally agreed.

"Yay!" I jumped with joy. From an obedient dog, I now behaved like a jolly rabbit! "Thank youuuuuu~ ... So are you going to baptize me now!?"

"If that is what you want." He shifted to a smile.

"Thanks agaaain~" I smiled with blush. This man really has the ability to make me smile. "Thank you, mister...Ummm..."

"Yohan." He said. "I'm Yohan Romanov."