Phase 91: A Cursed Love II

[Transfield]

[10:23 AM]

A giant light ray broke open the skies from a gigantic white lilac. Tiny light particles started to ascend to the skies, while the heavenly beam of light collects them from above. Such a tremendous energy! All copies of Erylle were struck dumbfounded in surprise.

"Annihilate!!!" Zion and Asumi shouted in unison.

There was a gigantic shockwave that came from the gigantic flower, having the gigantic laser as its core. Everyone on this location was struck by that deafening effect, but it just passed through our bodies harmlessly. But Erylle's copies; They all dissolved to air as soon as they were touched by the overwhelming shockwave of death! This is the power of Zion and Asumi's combined hearts!

Erylle was there, just a few meters from me. She was struck by the shockwave. And now...Her body is disappearing bit by bit. Each of her cells transformed into dark particles that danced through the air. Her eyes: it made a single tear. That is the proof of her despair.

"E-Erylle!" I shouted, trying to reach her.

Surprisingly, her hands tried to reach me too. But it's too late. Her body has now combined with the atmosphere. I...I haven't even had a proper farewell to her...

I was completely stupefied. Is Erylle...dead? I-I can't believe it...

"Yohan..." Asumi came to my side and hugged me tight.

I was about to holler in despair, but...something is happening! There is a Gate opening just beside Asumi! I-Is that...

"<Tachyon Blitz>!!!"

Schwahk! A white sword pierced Asumi from the back!

!!!

It was Erylle! She's completely alive!

"A-Asumi!"

Asumi's body began to be engulfed in light. Her body is now deteriorating, and for some reason, I got an invisible force that pushed me away from her. Zion rushed to her side and tried to hold her hand but she got pushed away by an invisible force too!

"A-Asumiiiii!" Zion cried.

<>

At this moment, Felix made the chance to dash forward and grabbed the opportunity to attack Erylle!

"<Repeated Gungnir Sting>!!!"

Giant spear-shaped energy covered Felix's sword, as he tried to make a piercing attack a hundred times to Erylle. But Erylle...She completely dodged all attack easily.

"<Oceana Destruction>!!!"

Benedict, with his Heavenly Blade of Destruction unleashed a sea of darkness that consumed Erylle completely. Every particle dissolved upon contact with this huge wave of destruction energy...but Erylle. She remained unscathed.

"<Mirror Counter>!!!" Erylle swiped her sword to the thin air.

Then the sea of darkness came back to us! All of us will be annihilated with Benedict's countered attack! But Neo came in front of us and stabbed his Orisoner to the ground. A pentagram barrier emerged to cover us all from the wave of destruction.

"Ughk..." Blood spurted out from Neo's mouth.

As soon as the sea of darkness is no more, Neo fell to the ground. Benedict came to his rescue, and tried to heal him with various healing spells. The Blazing Heart Guardians stood in front of Erylle, pointing their weapons to her. But no one dared to attack. Erylle stopped moving too, as she gazed upon her Legion members. She certainly can't hurt her Guardians. Including Asumi.

"It's too hard to defeat Miss Fontaine." A cute childish voice said.

When we turned to the one who was speaking, we saw a short girl wearing Asumi's clothes. Wait, is she...

"A-A-Asumi!?" Zion's shocked face was really hilarious.

"Y-Yes...Why? Did you guys get taller?"

"N-No...You just transformed...into a kid."

It looks like Erylle only reverted Asumi's body back into an eight-year-old toddler. Heeeey, she's pretty cute! Look at that pinkish face! Erylle would hug and suffocate her if she saw her like this!...Wait, Erylle is here. She's the one who made this to Asumi in the first place!

Neo then came to Asumi's side. Then, he drew the fake Reginleif from his heart and stabbed it to Asumi's chest. Asumi's body started to turn back to her normal state. It was as if we just had a glance of her cute childhood state.

After one use, the fake Reginleif dissolved into the atmosphere.

Erylle's eyebrows irked, as if she's irritated on us. Black feathered wings materialized on her back, and started flying fifty meters from the ground that she looks like a tiny dot on the skies. But then, Erylle raised her Reginleif and charged Light Energy.

"She's going serious this time..." Felix muttered in despair. "And all of us...we may never make it."

"Looks like death, banishment and seal won't be able to affect her." Neo said. "The only way we can win this battle is to revert her back. But it doesn't even prove to be hard. It is almost impossible."

"...N-Neo..." I finally got the urge to talk. I'm sick of not doing anything for this battle! "Please tell me how to get my Guardian Abilities back..."

"..."

"I need to...I need to save Erylle. I know I'm the only one who can stop her...I'm the only one...because we love each other so much...that I may be able to return her back to me..."

Silence was still in effect with Neo. I don't know if he will approve this, but I have to fight! I have to participate in this battle! But Neo...She just nodded at me.

"...Yohan..." Someone tapped my shoulder.

When I turned around, Asumi was there, having a Quintessence ball float in her hand. She was smiling and glaring at me with confidence.

"I believe in you. I believe that you will be able to return Miss Fontaine back."

The Quintessence suddenly flew and went directly into my heart like a magnet. Then, Asumi raised her right arm and touched my chest. She exhaled...and then my body began covered in light particles. Am I being baptized again?