Phase 63: Blood Ties

[Transfield]

[4:54 PM]

Erylle swung Reginleif to her right. At this moment, every color went gray. Time stopped flowing, but her Heavenly Blade prevents her from being frozen like everything else in the dimension.

"<Tachyon Blitz>!!!"

She dashed forward with her glowing white short sword and made a fatal thrust, having the chest of the two-meter armored knight as a target. She swooped down beating the speed of anything possible. As soon as the sword struck Benedict's chest, there was a strong tremor.

Time regained its natural flow. But there stands the leader of the Dark Legion, unscathed.

Benedict swung the unbelievable long greatsword to Erylle, but Erylle made it in time to block the sword with the Reginleif. She has the ability to control time after all. They continued their unending clash, a duel of the two Heavenly Blade wielders: a duel to death. No, we're just buying time. We need all reinforcements available. The battle is already lasting for about half an hour, and Erylle's already catching her breath.

But it seems that everything we prayed has been slowly materializing.

Two of the High Guardians: Verdun Greatscorch and Serg Terowski finally entered the battlefield. Verdun is sixty-year old man with white hair and mustache wearing a black tank top shirt and a loose jeans. He is a master of martial arts back in Earth but here on this dimension, his power is quadrupled.

Serg is a knight-like man with a long blonde hair. I don't have any information about him in the other side, but one thing is for sure: He is also a Heavenly Blade wielder. He's holding a two-meter greatsword that looks like it was made of ice and stalagmites. In the center of the blade lies a red orb glowing. He is the wielder of the Heavenly Blade of Illusions: Meidero.

The two jumped unto our side and readied their battle stances.

"We're here to help." Verdun said.

"T-Thanks!" I replied nervously.

So these are the Class S+ Guardians. The most powerful Gate Guardians as of this time. They are in the same level of Void Wolf. It's an extreme honor to work with these guys! Now I'm thinking a little of myself. With these three powerful Guardians at my side, maybe I wouldn't be needed here. Maybe I should help Asumi on her battle with her brother.

"Yohan, we needed you here." Erylle's soothing voice denied my thoughts. "Shift to a Healer. We don't know if we can defeat him at all."

"R-Roger!"

"Heaaaaaaaa!!!" Serg violently surged to the standing still Benedict.

<>

"<Mana Drain>!!!"

Amanda Cryst shouted after she materialized her weapon- a golden scepter with a blue diamond on its tip. As soon as she raised it, smoke started to release from Atlas's Eidolon form. The smoke eventually became absorbed by the blue crystal of the nun's scepter.

Atlas noticed the spell and started to attack. Flame particles started gathering on the demon's mouth. It formed like a mini version of an orange sun and then fired at the one who was binding him – His little sister.

"-Asumi!" Zion shouted.

"<Golden Reflect>!!!"

Felix dived in front of Asumi and his golden rapier moved to deflect the huge fireball. The fireball then moved upward to destroy the ceiling of the manor. Debris started falling down.

Asumi's cloths has been burnt that lead Atlas to escape his hopeless situation. But he will not escape in this fight. The demon held its two greatswords firmly as it made a dual wielding stance – now ready to take out everything. As soon as the demon stepped back, he bolted forward and made random whips of wind using his two swords as he surged through the guardians.

Asumi finally became serious. She immediately materialized her Weapon Gem: a halberd, and she spun it over and over to match and block her brother's attack. But some of her brother's attacks made it to her that tore her Blazing Heart jacket to shreds. She suffered some light scratches before she was thrown to the side after not being able to hold her brother.

Crash!

"K-Kyah!" She screamed upon the impact of her back and the wall.

"Asumi!" Zion immediately rushed to Asumi's side.

The weapon gem Asumi's using has been shattered to pieces. Even though, she chose to stand up and face her brother. Zion helped her for standing up. Asumi stared at the demon – who was glaring its red demonic eyes at her with hate. Does her brother hate her so much? No. It's not her brother anymore. No man is capable of giving her beloved sister a scratch.

"<Arctic Olympus>!!!"

Amanda uses her scepter to create a grand wall of ice surrounding the demon, making it more sound like a large coliseum. It is two meters taller than him, but it doesn't mean that he's completely immobile. He can destroy those walls of ice using his swords and fireballs.

But when he is about to charge a small sun on his mouth, Heushac and the other short-ranged weapon-wielding Black Cross Guardians jumped and faced him without fear.

"Hrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!" Heushac leaded the battalion to charge against their powerful enemy.

Clang! The sound of multiple steel clashes echoed, and followed by another infinitely inside the ice coliseum. Those are the only sound escaped from the bloody war of the guardians against the demon.

A Black Cross Guardian approached Asumi and started casting <Healing Touch> on her injured body parts. The same happened to Felix, who is already tired of fighting. Zion and Mia stood in front of the coliseum on standby, preparing on what will happen next. Mia is the one in charge of communicating Skye and Caroline from outside.