Chapter 50 | cuddle me

Reader POV

I sat in bed at 4pm, I had been too tired to move and stayed in bed all day. But theres a catch, I can't sleep.

I haven't slept for 12 hours and I'm slowly dying of frustration.

I heard Hiccup downstairs, playing with Toothless's tail.

I sighed at all the stress, I hate it.

Suddenly I heard Hiccups metal leg come up stairs.

"Sit up" he said.

I sat up.

"Why?"

"Because-" he walked over to the closet "-I'm helping you relax"

Suddenly my shirt was pulled off from behind, lucky for me, I had something underneath.

"HICC-" I was cut off by another shirt being put over my head, and I know who's it was. Hiccups.

"-huh?"

"We're going to read, and cuddle, and it helps if you're comfortable, so thats why you're wearing my shirt" he said.

I smiled and blushed at his kindness.

"I really love you" I said.

"I love you two, now..."

He picked up a book small pile of books and told me to pick one.

I ended up picking an adventure story about a dragon that can turn into a human.

Hiccup pushed the rest of the books off the bed and climbed in next to me.

"I'll read it to you" he said putting an arm around me.

I cuddled up to him and whispered a thank you before closing my eyes and letting my imagination run wild at the sound of his voice narrating the book.

I could see everything the book was telling, the lush green forests, the starry night sky, the pure blue dragon and the human they become.

"The dragon roared in pain as they came crashing down the hill, it didn't hurt that much, but it still made the words, 'fucking hell' escape from their mind..."

I like when he swears not going to lie.

I giggled at the sounds of him swearing.

I think he got the drift that I found it cute, because he seemed to swear a lot on purpose.

The sun outside the window started to set over the edge, every one had gone home and we're probably going to bed.

I enjoyed listening to Hiccup read, he is the perfect narrator for this book.

I loved the way he tripped on the words when the characters were scared or sad, or the way he would raise his voice when a character was yelling.

I was also comfortable cuddling with him, I had my arms around him and and my face buried in his shirt, my legs were wrapped around his and my tail was twisted around him all together.

He would play with my hair or rub behind my dragon ears every so often.
It's nice knowing I'm loved.

The stress was completely gone because I was lost in the book and Hiccups worlds.

His words are slowly putting me to sleep, his adorable voice soothes me.
He yawned, he must be getting tired.

"...all in all, the dragons accepted him for who he was, a shifter, they accept his gift and was now the hero of dragons everywhere. And they all lived a peaceful, happy life" Hiccup finished the book and put it aside.

Me, being almost completely asleep now, hugged him tighter to say thank you.

Hiccup hugged me back and kissed my forehead, snuggling into the pillow.

"Goodnight Milady" he whispered "love you"

And those were that last worlds I heard before falling into a dreamless sleep.